The 1915 Curtiss JN-4 Jenny

So I should leave the CoG at default values which the game tells me are wrong?

BTW, i love the plane, the sounds are perfect. Best engine sound in the game!

2 Likes

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, use default CoG values.

1 Like

Here are some photos of the beautiful Jenny. Loving this fine machine.

I would also vote for reducing the fisheye lens effect in cockpit view.

6 Likes

I agree with this! It sounds phenomenal! Sounds are so important to me, and this one knocks it out of the park.

3 Likes

If you are enjoying the Jenny, you might be interested in our recreation of the US Air Mail system. Using over 1500 concrete arrows and flashing beacons, it allowed Air Mail pilots to navigate by day and by night along 34 routes.

Although the Jenny was going out of air mail service by the time the system was established our mod means that you can fly from Salt Lake City, UT to Pasco, WA by following 51 arrows and beacons without needing a compass!

We will shortly be releasing two more routes and ten landing fields.

You can download the current version from flightsim.to

And follow updates on our forum thread here

12 Likes

Amazing! I’m playing on Xbox though. Any chance to join you?

I’d love to see a compass of some form in the plane, however is there a way of toggling an interior compass like the exterior HUD? I have used Sim Dashboard in the past to drive a compass on a tablet. I’ve not seen a mod that does this, yet.

1 Like

Yes, a vote for a simple compass from me too.

1 Like

Yes, go to Assistance Options and Search Head Up Display, you can have one in-cockpit view and in external view (two options).

3 Likes

A huge thankyou!
Now would I be correct in assuming that the ‘Toggle Hud View’ doesn’t work?

as I’ve mapped it to ‘H’ and nothing happens - I feel a bug report coming on…

2 Likes

I’ve never actually seen that option before…

Would love to see this for Xbox users as wel

It’s currently impossible to toggle the HUD in the external view in any missions.
Not via any bound command (keyboard, mouse, controller, joystick, etc.) nor via the Assistance Options.

1 Like

@Pazdzie22 @Wallardi Unfortunately we are only available for PC at the moment. However, if it becomes possible to make it available to Xbox simmers via whatever plans MS/Asobo have for the marketplace we would want to look into that.

2 Likes

Missions I believe it’s disabled for them. You can have the VFR map up for orientation though.

Currently working on a Mod / Häck to have all Assistance Options in the Missions.
IMHO it was a stupid decision to lock the Assistance Options in Missions / Bushtrips.

1 Like

Not sure if it works the same as in the older sims but you can try to edit the contact points and change the tail wheel from steering to free castering.
In the old days it was simply done by using 180 as the degrees of steering I think.

1 Like

You can do this, however it won’t work because we are using the new CFD flight model which also includes ground handling.

1 Like

My sound bug fix Mod for A310 and JN4 is now live on FligtSim.to They are now silent in MP.
SUXI Sound fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator