The 1927 Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis

The best thing about your plane is that I can hang out of the window, what a pleasure to look straight down, see wheels touching down!

Is it possible to vary engine sounds more when we are decreasing throttle? It seems theres no sound change for too long with rpm decreasing.

1 Like

In the book “The spirit of St Louis” there is a very good description starting on page 462 for the details sighting Ireland from about 4 pm, Lindbergh flew Valentia, Dingle bay, Kerry, Cornwall, arriving Cherbourg about sunset, then Deauville, Paris and the Eiffel Tower in about 6.5 hours flying time. Sorry if I got details wrong, I flew it in the 172 with the g 1000 about a year ago, just follow the magenta line LOL, I will fly it again with the spirit of St louis.

Suprisingly one of the best aircraft from the update, love it.

I discovered why I was loosing power - it’s not connected to fuel level. It’s beacuse engine anti ice was off. When heating is turned on the rpm instantly increased.

I have to say this aircraft is becoming my favorite in the game. Love the sounds, rendering of the smallest details. A work of love!

1 Like

One thing i found is that you can’t open door (you can click but nothing happen) and paper on the right could be cleaner (more fresh) :stuck_out_tongue:

If someones looking for flight idea for this plane i would recommend flight across la manche to Denver.

Yes you can open the door. On the ground!

Yeah i tried on the ground and parked, maybe something ■■■■■■ will try again tomoroww.

Look at my posts above with pictures for proof :smile:

1 Like

Yes, the door can be only open if you are below a certain speed. The best is to open or close it with the engine cuted -^^

1 Like

This plane is a work of art . The attention to detail is amazing!

5 Likes

Some old screenshoots from this summer ^^ :

7 Likes

I think he was nodding off a little, according to the wiki article;

"Because Lindbergh flew through several time zones, dawn came earlier, at around 2:52 AM.[65] He began to hallucinate about two hours later.[65] At this point in the flight, he “continually” fell asleep, awakening “seconds, possibly minutes, later.”

1 Like

They really did a fantastic job with this! It’s a novelty plane for sure, but the attention to detail makes it well worth to come back to it time and time again.

So, scary! I think I’ll watch the Jimmy Stewart movie again today … by the way? Why is there still no Blu-ray for this classic? I have the DVD but I want it in my collection in the best possible quality.

33.5hrs flying time …. Wow.

A fully loaded Espresso maker and a few pallets of RedBull is the minimum if you wanna try this at home. It’s nuts.

In the book he even considers going on to Rome because he had fuel left. Unbelievable.

1 Like

Indeed, he had about 100 gallons left in Paris.

2 Likes

If you are wondering if someone already cross the atlantic with the NYP in the sim, here is the link of the live of that flight - > 31 hours :star_struck:

4 Likes

This plane is such a pleasure to fly in that I might do the same! Thank you once again Bluemesh!

1 Like

Gotta post it here too, to show my appreciation:

The modeling and texturing of the Spirit of St. Louis is a true work of art! THIS is how you do a vintage aircraft!

4 Likes

Have you noticed the scratches near the handles by the tail? There are hundreds small details, a pleasure to look at for hours. This is sim vintage aviation at its finest.

And the sandwich bag contains historically accurate food, that Lindbergh brought on the journey. :smiley:

By the way, check out Rafale Caudron, another vintage beauty made by BlueMesh.

3 Likes

I would like to add that it’s only been a year and a half since I started the flight simulator adventure, before that I had never really designed an airplane, the spirit of saint louis is much more advanced in term of details than the caudron. And the next planes will be even more detailed :slight_smile:

13 Likes