The 1935 Douglas DC-3

Completed a 45 minute flight. Some textures look great, some look really poor if you turn around in the cockpit. My headphones are quiet but I thought the sounds were actually pretty good, certainly sounded like a DC-3. Felt heavy, fun to fly. Nice switches to turn on chocks, open passenger/cargo doors. Strange not allowing access to the cabin? I took the drone camera in there and its fully modeled, nice galley in the back with some luggage.

Also can anyone find the heading bug for the auto pilot? I donā€™t know if Iā€™m missing it somewhere? I donā€™t like using GPS nav a whole lot and would prefer to use heading. Edit: No airline liveries either?

Edit again: Iā€™m a muppet and realized i was flying the enhanced livery with the GPS in it, classic version has proper heading holds.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re doing a livery pack for post release, I think.

1 Like

SKVV the famous airport in Colombia is also DC-3 heaven and I staring with the new yet old DC-3 in Villavicencio with SU11

6 Likes

There is a high quality texture enhancement in the store for the DC-3. On pc that is.

2 Likes

Pc only though.

1 Like

Anybody else have where this plane pitches up on takeoff? I have my stick full forward to get the tail up and it picks the front tires off first and takeoffs in a steep climb.

6 Likes

Yep. If I donā€™t force it to level out immediately after it lifts off, it will very quickly stall. And nothing I do before taking off seems to change this behavior much.

1 Like

Did you fly with load?

1 Like

Iā€™ll check that. I just loaded in with one and never changed anything.

1 Like

If itā€™s not a ā€œportoverā€ from the previous version, it certainly has made a good job of looking like one.
To me, (YMMV) it looks like a cartoon inside the VC.
The one thing that all DC3s are is old and yet this looks like a picture that a child has painted by numbers.
Somehow, this model has defied all the new possibilities available in MSFS and used only those that were there in Fs98.
To add to that, somehow, outside the fuselage looks too short and fat, which adds to the general feel of a childs toy, instead of a credible model of an iconic aircraft.
Very disappointing.

The DDW freeware version for FSX and P3D set a very high bar and this effort is not even in the same league, just like its predecessor.

3 Likes

I emptied my whole payload and it still pitches up first. Tail never comes off the ground first on takeoff.

2 Likes

There is documentation in the content folderā€¦ You need to go to the Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\Documentation folder and then you can find the pdf file.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was looking for it in the Asobo-aircraft list and couldnt find this there!

1 Like

Ah Iā€™m on an xbox at the moment, nothing elsewhere? Wonā€™t have a chance to get on the PC for a few days.

1 Like

Did you download the enhancement (for pc)?

2 Likes

Not sure if I can share the file hereā€¦
Nopeā€¦ not allowing to select pdf.

1 Like

Scratch that note on VRAM usage ā€“ I had accidentally left things in DX12 for testing and it still doesnā€™t optimize well enough. :smiley: Itā€™s a lot happier on DX11.

2 Likes

Thank you for trying, much appreciated.

1 Like

My understanding is that the C-47 will still make an appearance, just a little bit later

1 Like

Interesting. I hope so.

What is your source of this info?

1 Like