[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Well thanks. I know how to turn on the scramjet. My problem is, I fly quite a while at Mach 9 and then the scram just shutdown and i don’t get it run again and have to fly with conventional engines only for the rest of my way.

And the challenge is validated?

No this doesn’t influence anything. The whole aircraft is experiencing the same g-force.

I had that problem too so I renamed my community folder to community.bak and then it worked. In the end it was the workingtitle gx mod causing problems. I had not updated it in a long time and it’s my understanding the latest update for that mod is compatible with the f18.

Is this the new norm now that you don’t have to go into Microsoft Store to get any updates?

Updates: Yes, they’ll get pushed automatically.

Downloadable Content? You still have to go to the Marketplace to download and install the TG Maverick DLC. Since it’s free, you don’t go through the Microsoft Store

1 Like

How do they release a DLC a year later and with a UI Bug up front and foremost? Its like no one cares about quality control, pretty basic stuff really.

I am disappointed its all locked up in a challenge with no ability for free flight and no carrier takeoff?

Why why why Asobo?

Just enjoy the free addon and stop complaining. TOP GUN ANTHEM - YouTube

2 Likes

Just loaded up for a quick bash before work this morning now im seeing this in the cockpit

What are you playing on? Xbox or PC as it is alright on my PC. Did you try it again?

Im on PC is what a out of date livery for the F18 i had installed, Deleted it its fine now

The only problem i have now is the counrdown timer wont go away flying in VR doing the low level stuff, I cant hardly see ahead lol

i guess 1&2 engines works with jet kerosene. 3&4 engines works with oxygen + hydrogen. when water stops making by o2 + h2 you have to use 1&2 engines, and i guess drop some altitude where in atmosphere enough oxygen for 1+2 engines.

2 Likes

why in right wing more fuel than in left one in this f/a-18?

yup, same here…

1 Like

I haven’t figured out the third position on the jet starter switch. You have Start, Off, and Motor.

Move the switch to Motor, the jets spool down to 50% and don’t do anything to keep the plane going. My guess is the jet engines in this position become an auxiliary power source when the hydrogen fuel cells go flat.

Motor usually means that the engine is run on the starter without introducing fuel and without ignition, usually after failed start attempt to ventilate fuel vapors and cool down the engine before next start attempt.

1 Like

So if I can’t complete Darkstar challenge, i can suppose that it’s an another update with bug ?

F18C (!) turns best between 380 and 420 kts, the E might be different

It IS easy… with a steady carrier. Just a pointed crash :man_shrugging:t2:

I found that exactly following the objectives won’t get you anywhere, it won’t even reach Mach 3 to engage scramjets. Around 26.000 ft I roll inverted, pull down to -20 degrees pitch, altitude will peak around 30.000 ft before going down. Just before reaching 20 degrees pitch down, roll wings level, then pull up really slowly at 1.2g to 10 degrees pitch up, speed will be Mach 1.5 upon reaching that pitch. Then continue maintaining 10 degrees pitch, close to 100.000 ft the Mach number will rapidly increase to Mach 3 so you can engage scramjets.

In order to fulfil those stupid objectives I continue climb 200.000 ft, then throttle down as not to exceed Mach 10, roll inverted and follow all those objectives.