[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

They shouldn’t shut down at that altitude, fuel cell is on?

I decided to take off last night after sunset in the dark, climbed to 170K Mach 10 and was catching the sun!!

8 Likes

Fuel cell is on.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm have you tried practicing outside the challenge

Congrats to Asobo / Microsoft for this DLC !

I haven’t had so much fun with MSFS for a long time.
The new challenges are just awesome and the whole added presentation details are very nice.
The version is running fantastically smooth on my setup.

On top of that, it’s FREE…
Thanks!

12 Likes

CTD before landing in Darkstar challenge…

It only happened outside the challenge. The challenge was ok, but when I start somewhere on the runway, max fuel going somewhere, they stop working after quite a while enroute, leveled, constant speed and direction. Got a beeping sound and they shutdown. Maybe I forgot something, but fuel cells are on, fuel is still enough, got the AB on.

So sad this update breaks my game :frowning:
Freeze at loading. No mods in the community folder. Have to download the whole 200gb folder again.
I thought I am having some fun time with it tonight after a long day working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @HaikiMike,

Sorry to hear you having tech issues. Are you playing on PC, Xbox, or Xbox Cloud Gaming?

Thanks,
MSFS Team

I respect your opinion, but if I had one to pick, it would be the SC F-16. It’s the Fighter Jet I mostly fly.

2 Likes

Ok…found the issue. I didn´t realize, that not the whole fuel capacity can use for the scramjet obviously. The easy answer, running out of fuel. :crazy_face: So i filled up and i was able to start the engine again.
I just wondering how some can cross the Atlantic without refill… :sweat_smile:

yesterday i read the question about could it be to fly this beast from uk to us. and then i answer. but only my self. yes it can, but with almost dry tanks after landing. just take most northeast point from uk and fly to the portland :slight_smile: but you have to choice right time when stop fly at 3.6m and choice more modest power and stay high enough lol… portland not city of course lol. that was airport name something like portland international or something like that. actually i fly to the boston. but before final i look at fuel and go right there was airport i guess usa. not canada. i will add screen from logbook

I just flown from Munich to Capetown in round about 1 Hour. Needed a refuel for the scram at 3/4 the way. :laughing:

1 Like

I enjoy these new activities in the Top Gun DLC… the few that I have attempted thus far. (I appreciate that this is offered for free as well, so thanks!)

In general I use VR for landing challenges as I find the depth perception given in VR allows for me to easier judge when to flare. However, there is a slight issue for the carrier landing challenge when using VR. In 2D mode the indicator for the glide slope is easily readable on screen as it is clearly there at the top of the monitor. However, in VR, while it is also there, its position is too high to be of much use as there is a need to glance too far up to see my position on the glide slope.

A similar thing is happening with the low altitude challenges and the progress score that is tracked, that information is also too far off to the right for me to be of any use.

Others using VR may have different experiences.

1 Like

Glad it worked out!

1 Like

I no longer regret spending $ 37 on the F-16. Darkstar does not even exist in real life, I did not know this before making my comments earlier. The F-16 is more fun to fly in even though it cannot travel at Mach 10 or at 275,000 Ft.

1 Like

Rumors are still there…

(SR-72)

6 Likes

Yes, did you find a fix? I don’t have the g3000 mod installed.

And the Chinese Government gone mad when they saw the Aircraft in Film….is it a rumor? Who knows….

3 Likes

Remember the SR71 was a rumor for most of its existence … or so Ive heard. Bwhahahah!

4 Likes