Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

I agree, but what I’m suggesting is not more complex than adding a brightness slider:

• Gama slider: this is just adjusting the Pixel Shader Tone Mapper values already there, and/or the game linear to sRGB conversion. Nothing really complex here from a pixel shader code perspective. Look for example how it was easy to do it yourself with XP11 and what this “Tone Mapper” is about typically

• Brightness slider: my suggestion is that it might prove being more useful controlling white clipping only, instead of controlling the overall brightness like on a TV. This is related to the above slider of course.

• CAS Sharpen slider: the AMD CAS Shader is already coded with a sharpening strength value, but FS2020 doesn’t give access to it because it is hard-coded in the game. The idea is just to let the user adjusting this value which is already in there in the shader code. Nothing to develop but just offering a UI slider and binding the uniform/constant.

Having said this, I’m thrilled with the announcement of course, and these are very small suggestions to maybe making it slightly better with minimal dev time.

18 Likes