Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Hi,

Please also fix the so many airport issues. Missing rooftops, terminals, floating rooftops, jeteays not attached to the building.

Some examples: KBOS, VILK.

Yeah, big beast butā€¦
in 47 years I NEVER found a game since Pong that has a bug like that.
NEVER
You can have bugs of course but nothing that stops you to play at all.
People who bought the more expensive edition and ALMOST ALL DLC are now without anything in their hands.
And Asoboā€¦ release another DLCā€¦
In a serious company, the management would have been working 24/7 on a hotfix for CTD and holding the release of DLC.
I can survive with completely wrong weather, funny trim, console like UI, reduced LOD, low textures and general downgrade.
BUT NOT CTD every fxxxxxx flight.

9 Likes

Hi @Jummivana , thanks to you and everyone on the MSFS team for your attention to this! It must be very hectic there right now.

I know it has been mentioned before, but I also want to add my voice to those lobbying for some attention to the VR issues introduced by SU5, since VR was not specifically called out in your message. I am sure some of what was mentioned will positively impact VR, but I really hope the VR-specific image degradations that have occurred will be looked at.

Anti-Aliasing has definitely taken a hit as others have mentioned, but overall image quality seems degraded. I have to significantly increase VR render scale to a point where performance suffers in order to get back to how things looked before. And popups/menus in VR are extremely jagged as if there is no AA.

Once again, I really appreciate your acknowledgement of the issues we are facing and the work to provide a fix. A further update on the status of and VR-specific fixes would truly be appreciated!

7 Likes

Try to edit the numbers manually :wink:

Really, Asobo? I sure hope youā€™ll fix these as well.

1 Like

Please add
Vatsim/Ivao altitude wrong.
Temp too at altitude (Edit: I just saw that is already in).
Anti- Aliasing degraded.
Flightplanner / Turnaround bug (that is a big one).

Sorry, If it was mentioned before, zu didnā€™t read through all the posts.

1 Like

Please also fix the problem we have with all the Bush Trips. (POI missing in FD, AP problems, externa view direction compass not the same as in FD, and some others

1 Like

If it helps. I fixed my constant CTD by identifying it was caused by making a flight plan on the world menu. Ever time CTD now by not doing that all is fine.

An interesting analogy.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re not from Yorkshire.

8 Likes

Are you logged-in in the sim? Make sure you have the latest version of gaming services app etc., from the Windows 10 store. Hope you manage to resolve it soon, all fine for myself, so cannot say how common this issue is.

What about people who have been having bandwidth issues. I donā€™t think the size of this group is as large as some of the others, but it still does exist. None of these fixes will help if you canā€™t properly stream data from the servers and keep getting error messages saying you donā€™t have adequete bandwidth.

Impressive. Personally, I have been well pleased with SU5, and very much appreciate the work that msut have gone in to it. Yes, some issues were introduced as a result but I never felt they warranted the sort of vitriol that appeared in the forums.

This list of corrections and amendments is, for me, total proof of MS / Asoboā€™s commitment to this sim, and I thank all of those involved for their efforts and endeavours.

1 Like

Totally agree. Take any small plane, initiate a turn and let go of all controls, yocan now watch the plane turn until the tanks are empty.
I would love to see thermals, both as a means of climbing in a glider, but also as turbulence on approach in airliners.

Thank you for this! I was surprised to not see two items on your list, so just in case they are not on your extended list:

• The TBM930, one of your best aircraft, has been basically unflyable since the last update (no throttle control - unable to transition feathering)

• Drone Camera: every time I switch to the drone view, the image has rotated vertically. It seems to keep rotating a little clockwise as the minutes pass. If enough time is allowed to elapse, it will rotate almost 180 degrees (as if, at first glance, the aircraft is diving into the ground)

There is also a bug with the possible camera height inside the CJ4 and possible other planes. This was fixed in an Update months ago and reintroduced with sim update 5.
Because of this, when not in VR you cannot look above the panel which really sucks. This should be corrected in the hotfix too.

Hooooray, thanks!

What ASOBO has brought to the Flight Sim Community, is so impressive. The task of allowing us to fly VFR over the actual roads, bridges, buildings and trees, is nothing short of amazing. Realize what they have accomplished ,before airing your negative opinions. Rome wasnā€™t built in a day. I have faith in the team and their commitment to this project , which is ever evolving. Patience is a virtue and all good things will come for those who wait. Keep posting in the forums the problems you might be having or things you would like to see in the future. They are not falling on deaf ears. ASOBO is listening and doing the best they can. They didnā€™t come this far to fall on their faces. Iā€™ve been a simmer for over 20 years. I spent a lot of time and money, like most of you have. On all the sims. I personally could never fly over a modeled world again. Thank you ASOBO. Keep up the GREAT work.

5 Likes

Since SU5 the performance & visual fidelity on my sim has been incredible! Itā€™s like someone came into my house while I was sleeping & upgraded my PC.

BUTā€¦

The introduced bugs are on a scale Iā€™ve never seen in any game/sim.

• CTDā€™s,
  • ATC not only incorrect altitude reporting, but getting almost everything wrong,
  • Menus not always working
  • Peripherals have lost their keybindings or the keybindings donā€™t work properly
  • The list goes on & onā€¦

Itā€™s horrible to see some of the negative energy directed at MS/Asobo, but I must admit, even Iā€™m starting to loose my sh*t!

1 Like

As dvd retail user have never seen any su5 and hotfix.
Since 7/27 i simply cannot get into the game anymore. After my 5th uninstall and reinstall sequence following the aerosoft guide, i still get the endless press any button trailers. Look at the forum topics and you must understand i am not the only one. where does this ā€œpress any buttonā€ start come from? and why has it replaced the former load screens?

Sorry, forgot to tell you that my community folder is completely emptyā€¦

Letā€™s hope they wonā€™t introduce new bugs in the upcoming hotfixā€¦

Iā€™m saying this because this always happened in the past updates

1 Like