Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

my little down arrows are missing i had to remap everything

@Jummivana if you can pass this info to the team for SU6, since they will works on caching for object LOD and others stuff.

Seb earlier on Q@A was talking about adding separated trees slider, that would be the right time as well to add one.

Currently trees quality option in MSFS graphic option, each level control:

• Low: trees rotation of the imposter is disabled, trees moving with wind disabled, minimal trees distance
  • Med: 3d trees imposter rotation face to aircraft + moving trees with wind speed are enabled+ higher draw trees distance
  • High\ Ultra :all of the above + even higher trees draw distance

My recommendation is:

• Remove tree draw distance from current low to ultra trees quality, adding trees amount instead from low to high added to the trees imposter\ wind speed effect on trees.

• Separated trees draw distance slider

Pro: This way there will be much more flexibility for amount of trees and separated draw distance for users system spec performance

3 Likes

I made a test over like 6 hoursā€¦ check the first video and compare it to the last. The drop is staggeringly bad and my performance is still far better than some Iā€™ve seen purely because I can kind of brute force it with my 3090 and 10th gen processor. Seen it mentioned it might have something to do with i9 processors, but I have no idea.

https:// www. youtube .com /playlist?list=PL5RZRDZcAbyafl9xSU5FZSEryiSN5JSHt

I was one of the beta testers on the original release. Almost in chorus, we stated it was in no way ready to go, but out the door it wentā€¦ My concern is not for me, Iā€™ll stay with it for the foreseeable future. But for someone new, I would get discouraged enough to look elsewhere for my simming experience. There are some beautiful aspects, but there are some really frustrating things, too.

they better fix the liveries. since the SU5, half of my liveries no longer work.

unfortunately, that is up to the livery makers :frowning:

1 Like

I think folk have got that wrong, they actually shifted some CPU functions to other cores. My GPU has been maxed from the start but I am now getting much better performance overall.

1 Like

Some of us did, hell Ive been having problems with this stupid game since last Jan, but none of you were listening because you were all out there playing?

I installed the last thing that could be causing issues here the cable modem and while 5 made the sim work here with a little elbow grease and some tweaks to the usercfg.opt file and dam the new modem has made a huge world of difference not only in performance but in visuals as well. After the install when I first fired the sim, all I could do is sit there and go WOW!

And the sad thing about all this is that the new modem is older and less powerful then the modem the cable company was renting me, and it has a different chipset (broadcom) it really seems to make a world of difference compared the 3.1docsin puma based modem I was running before.

Wonderful news

I would question your source because itā€™s been debunked several times on these boards already and not by me either.

Please check in to multiplayer. A friend and I tonight had a very difficult time staying connected, and getting started in a session. We finally did establish a good connection, although while everything was running smooth on my end, it was very stuttering and stopping on his end. He kept pushing on, and things finally smoothed out, and we finished the rest of the flight without an issue. I have no idea why things were going so bad for him at the start. Prior to 1.18.14.0, we have never had this issue.

Please
Let us disable thunders and lighting!
Lighting and thunders are every where

1 Like

Gates are a mess.

They donĀ“t appear, they move strange or twisted.

You mean you donā€™t like seeing the lightning during clear skies?

2 Likes

Sorry - Follow Engineer, and a Software Professional w/ some 10-20 yrs experience - and having worked on projects used by relatively few, but very specialized people, as well as delivering to millions of people.

Usually itā€™s an #emergency when you start seeing increased churn / loss of revenue (in this case from people not playing)

It translates into a few key items:

• Customer Lifetime-Value is usually higher with people that engage with your service / offering - meaning thereā€™s a long term value challenge if customers/users are unable to engage with your content (due less engagement / perceived value), and with direct revenue impact.
  • Short term thereā€™s immediate loss of revenue from any place where your content may be sold via, due poor reviews / comments / less engagement
  • Poor customer experience can translate into lower ratings on stores, which has direct impact on installations / direct purchases made for people that particularly may be on the fence about whether to engage (ties into above)
  • Honest customer communication and setting expectations right (and delivering on them, do or die) can help with reducing existing customer churn, though ofc reduced revenue in the interim
  • Do everything you can to avoid bad media reports, as it directly impacts your acquisition funnel as well as calling to attention the challenges you are facing (which again impacts revenue, maybe from people who didnā€™t even notice the problem in the first place)

Every company Iā€™ve ever worked for would treat pretty much all the above as an emergency, and we would have multiple hotfixes go out, first ones within hours of alerting / being aware of the issue, even if it means each one only contains a few fixes.

5 Likes

SU5 is so amazing for me. It made the experience of flying in VR from a 6/10 to a 9/10.
Please Adobo, donā€™t screw it up, Iā€™m tripping.

2 Likes

Thank you @jummivana for the com. This is not taken for granted.
Please do also track the numerous VR issues that have been reported, such as excessive shimmering, freezing, etcā€¦ If nothing else, please look at @CptLucky8 posts. You have a vibrant VR community out here, donā€™t leave it behind :slight_smile:

cheers,
guillaume

6 Likes

I thought this was just something I was dealing with. At least now I know Iā€™m not alone. Itā€™s crazy that my rudder pedals quit working if Iā€™m holding the right mouse button. It doesnā€™t seem to always happen tho.

1 Like

I was curious how many hops I got from my router to an azure server, so far itā€™s at 26, 27

I think itā€™s because they are running the hangar in the background (and who knows what else) so when you load it, it appears instantly. You can actually see your airplane in the back ground of the square menus. I can personally live without this and have my GPU life extended.