Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

A statement about graphics on PC not being limited to the capabilities of the Xbox console is needed.

Looking forward to hear it in your next announcement or dev Q&A.

3 Likes

Need a hotfix on the launcher too, because there it is impossible for me to download the game

I just installed the base update two days ago that brought it to 1.18 .4.0, as well as updates for both the Deluxe and Premium packages, and immediately started having some issues.

Although I see a mention here of a known Trim Axis problem, I am having a Trim issue that I think may be different, as I don’t use an axis binding for it, but a simple Trim Nose Up and Trim Nose Down when flying. I have these commands bound to a rocker switch on my CH Products Flight Yoke, and it has always worked as expected until this latest update, as a single press of either up or down trim would cause a minute change in trim, and a very gradual change in attitude to the aircraft. But now, a single press on either up or down will cause the plane to suddenly go into a -1000 ft/min dive, or a +1000 ft/min climb. And this happens whether I use the rocker on my flight yoke, or whether I just press the default keyboard commands of Num 1 and Num 7
sudden and extreme changes in attitude with a single press. I’ve seen this happen on several prop aircraft, certainly the Cessna 152 and 172, as well as the Robin and Pipstrel, though I haven’t checked every aircraft. But strangely I do NOT see the issue occur on the Icon A5
that plane seems to react normally, with very small and gradual changes for each keypress or rocker press. This issue is making it tough to fly any of the aircraft I normally use.

Also, I noticed that the Search function of the World Map no longer loads the last three searches at the top of the window. No matter what I search on now, the same three previous searches
from a week ago
remain at the top of the list.

I did open a ticket tonight on the Trim control issue. And I know I had to open another ticket a month or so ago, when an update in June I think caused some propeller and mixture commands to get bound to axis’ on my controller that I did not use previously.

It seems ever since the developers started releasing updates to include Xbox functionality, things have been breaking left and right, and this is getting more than a little troublesome. No one would accept having this many issues with say MS Office products every time they were updated, so I’m not sure why we have to deal with so many issues every time an update or “fix” is released?

3 Likes

Any update on the jumping reflections when moving the head bug? Thats an important one for VR users.

8 Likes

I joined these forums to ask about why my TAT was always extremely boiling hot causing trouble climbing and always a very steep AOA, but I figured I’d check this first and I see now they’re including it in the next hotfix. Very good news.

Thanks!

hi.my trim axis was reversed after SU5.
its nice if we can get these hotfixes so fast, but one thing i am missing: a fix for the grainy/pixelated clouds in order to have the realisitc clouds we had earlier in the sim.
i finally got a gpu upgrade (RX6800). now on mostly ultra settings. clouds on ultra. but clouds look grainy and like cottonballs. i was on a sim break for a while, but on my old GTX1070 on medium settings (clouds on high), the clouds were looking at least the same, maybe better.

I do hope this resolves the issue with addon scenery not loading. I haven’t been able to load my scenery (I developed and worked before the update) since the last update, very frustrating but the communication and work these guys are doing is appreciated even when it breaks stuff as without them, we wouldn’t really have an evolving flight sim.

Not much of a big deal, but could you include more detailed (technical) patchnotes instead of “we improved memory usage” just state what you’ve changed so if there’s a bug it’s easier for users to determine whats wrong. Thanks for listening and adressing all issues tho!

3 Likes

Have you got an empty Community folder?

Thanks so much for jumping on these issues! I would like to add that I am unable to use the premium airport (Meigs Field) and Premium City (Chicago) without going to CTD. I know others are in the same boat.

Yes, it has always been empty.

Glad to see the Live Weather bugs being tackled, they affect gameplay the most right now. Looking forward to more little bug fixes like UI (the toolbar pin), etc. Also, this hopefully puts the rumours to rest that the game has been “downgraded”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This reads like you’ve not updated all the packages in the content manager and/or have a corrupted A320. Also, have you raised zendesk tickets for these? I;m alsomnot sure of the relevance to this thread - did you search the forums for these issues?

I just muted them all - in classic style, the noise gets to the point where you can’t make anything out and it just becomes noise you need to shut off.

1 Like

I agree! Anti aliasing, especially on buildings, has become a lot worse after SU5. The last time I had perfect anti aliasing was prior to World Update USA. They had briefly introduced new TAA but soon introduced the current TAA which is pretty much a shimmer fest. :frowning: .I really hope they do something about the AA. Can’t talk for everyone, but it’s a huge immersion killer for me.

3 Likes

It’s interesting how this thread about the hotifix is now full of people saying “and what about my bug?? I don’t see that mentioned - why not? when will you fix that??” and also I see a lot of distrust is in here - Asobo guilty until proven innocent, which is a bit tiresome. We need to give the guys a chance to deliver on what they say. Pointing a finger at them and saying “you’d better deliver!” isn’t helping anyone

9 Likes

That will be the statement you’re commenting on here then

Thank very much for the communication.
In the list of bugs to be corrected can I add the jetways ? They are not in contact with the planes anymore (please see in Lyon St Exupery (France) for example).

Keep up the work and the communication !

Yeah but we still know what they mean with bytes :slight_smile:

Not only in VR. In general, anti-aliasing was broken by SU5.

2 Likes