The 1927 Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis

Known Issues: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-update-November-17th-2022-

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the 1927 Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

2 Likes

The Ryan NYP flies really nice. It feels comfortable to me. I like it more than I was expecting! I think I may end up using this aircraft more than I was anticipating!

1 Like

The periscope does work for me.

1 Like

You can slide open the periscope thing and get a forward view but it’s a bit of a pain to look through. The textures are really nice on this bird, the cockpit panel looks great. When I went into drone view the front of the plane disappeared for some reason though which was a bit odd. Interesting plane for sure.

1 Like

If you don’t have headtracking or VR you should probably make custom view to the periscope and bind that to controller button.

Oh. Why didn’t I think of trying that? :sweat_smile: Whoops. I’ll edit my original post so I don’t confuse people.

I like it. It’s part of the charm.

1 Like

It even comes with snacks

9 Likes

What an experience this thing is in VR. The periscope is perfect - congrats to the devs for pulling it off!

This plane is actually a legit little stol machine if you don’t fill the tanks. Sideslip it and watch the side window become the windscreen!

2 Likes

Mine must be broken or something. I’ll be happily climbing slowly in a straight line and all of a sudden it will roll uncontrollably to the left or right, for no apparent reason.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, thought it was a cool novelty at first but it’s really well-made, love all the small details of it and it’s fun to fly :slight_smile:

Spirit of St. Loius: Quickeviews are incorrect. View doesn’t look in the direction of the hatswitch.

I made a quick tutorial for this plane:

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues taxiing with the Ryan Spirit of St.Louis? When I start the vehicle and the chocks disappear I can’t move or taxi, the plane just rev’s up and sits there eventually spilling over and crashing in place like the chocks are still in place even though they aren’t. I just cannot get the plane to move from cold and dark. Am I missing something? Is there a brake release on an old aircraft like this plane. Not sure if it’s something I am doing or if it’s a bug, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Hi marc,
parking brakes has been added on this aicraft only to avoid issues on sloping parking spaces.
You can simply release it by clicking on this :

Seems to have a major “Rendering” issue in Multiplayer. (No engine)

How I see my plane on my PC
me

How others see my plane on their PC, when we are in Multiplayer
(at all LOD levels)

1 Like

Anyone already crossed the Atlantic with it?

Just noticed this yesterday, it will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks

4 Likes

The real question is: do flights where you left your seat for any amount of time count?

That’s indeed an essential question. Well, I recall he did sleep, didn’t he?

And, for that, my wife will think I finally got mad if I wouldn’t use the toilet. :smile: