Brisbane, Bilambil Heights

1 Like

Tasmania

2 Likes

‘The Coathanger’

Sydney Harbour

Sydney from above

4 Likes

Monkey Mia, Denham - A very remote coastline where a huge pod of dolphins come to shore every day to be seen and fed by thousands of adoring tourists, just to the north (left) of this screenshot.

2 Likes

Departing YPKG Kalgoorlie 700km east of Perth WA over the ‘Super Pit’ - one of Australia’s largest gold mines, and the largest of WA’s remote towns.

Australia’s remote centre is full of dry lakes, big holes in the ground, and remote Aboriginal communities, normally having populations of not more than a hundred, or even tens of people.

I spent a couple of years in ‘Kal’ flying north east to Warburton YWBR, and then on to communities such as Blackstone Range YBSR, Wingellina YWNL on the border of WA, NT and SA, Giles YGLS further to the north, and many smaller places like Tjuntjunjarra, Tjukurla, Patjarr and Kintore, where English is the second language spoken (and signposted). I feel so fortunate that I was able to experience these places that the majority of Australians would never imagine existed.

3 Likes

Approaching Leigh Creek over the Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges, north east of Australia’s largest lake: Lake Eyre, which is normally dry, but occasionally fills with water runoff from the western plains of Queensland, the arriving waters accompanied by a massive influx of wildlife.

2 Likes