Offline AI traffic is abnormaly sparse

Hi all, the AI offline traffic seems to be really low. To be exact very low on commercial aircrafts. I’ve tried airports like Rome, Athens, Madrid and the most I’ve seen is 2-3 aircrafts on gates while the sliders were on 100% for both airline and GA. On the other side the GA traffic was a lot more than commercial.

Do you have the same issue or know how to resolve it?

I’ve even tried reinstalling the whole simulator from scratch but still get the same traffic.

The one parked at the gate as well as the one used for offline traffic are using different sliders.

The one under Aviation Traffic slider is used for airtraffic that moves around.

While if you’re referring to the one parked at the gate, is using the one under Airport Life → Ground Aircraft Density. Set this slider to 100 and it should populate the gates a lot more.

Well you are quite right, i live near schiphol amsterdam, which is a main european hub. Most times i see 4 to 8 planes in the neighbourhood or active on the airfiield. Thats realy not realistic at all. Now i understand there has to be a balance in what the sim can show and fps but i hope this will improve in future.

I know. But I’m not looking for the static ones but the ones preparing to depart on gates or landing or taxing or taking off.

Ohhh, I thought that since you said:

I misunderstood the sentence as you’re talking about the static aircraft at the gates.

No worries. To make it clear, when you got AI traffic the ones boarding , you’ll see them on the gates for a while, after a while they taxi and depart.

Yeah, I do get them on Live Traffic for departing ones while the arriving ones spawn midair. But they do take some time to spawn…

The first time I set Offline AI traffic to 100 was that my entire airport is filled by a lot of them, that my FPS drops to 5… Hahaha. I stopped using Offline AI traffic since then and just stick on Online Live Traffic. But it takes some time for them to spawn.