Offline GA Traffic - New v6.0 Release - Bug fix and new optimised flightplans

Thanks for a great add-on.
Using FSLTL with offline GA traffic and offline AI set to about 18.

Searching for a bit more variety to the GA traffic so I added VFR traffic to my FSLTL settings.
Looking at the FSLTL display, there were no VFR flights generated, but I did see some GA aircraft (Asobo C172 skis comes to mind), which I assume was FSLTL generated but just using an IFR plan.
Do you have any plans to add more GA models, or is there a way to add low impact Asobo GA models to the generation? As I said, I really like the add on, but seeing a bunch of Piper Aztecs gets a bit old.

Thanks

Even the low impact Asobo GA models will have more impact than the current generic AI models. When combined with whichever airliner AI package is also in use, the FPS impact could be severe on some PC’s.
If Asobo choose to add more generic models themselves, they will be incorporated into Offline GA Traffic. I’m currently working on a newer and simpler fix for eliminating the default AI of all types, which hopefully will be a permanent fix - it will work until the user removes it, not a future Sim Update.
By the way, has anyone tried using the MSFS Offline traffic mode since SU11? The low-flying airliners are gone, airliners spawn at sensible altitudes and they fly at different altitudes to the user’s plane. AI Ground and AI Flow work with offline traffic as well. I’ve even seen contrails!

Are your current AI traffic fixes still compatible with the latest AAU Update?

No, but an AI traffic fix which does work with AAU will be released next week.

Tried this last night, no working lights when the aircraft are in the air or landing. Only after landing.

They’re not easy to see in flight, or in this screenshot, but they are there:

Please email us for further support.

No GA aircraft are landing for me, they just circle at high altitude over the airports.

Please email us for further help with this issue.

How do these airplanes act at non towered airports?

They are controlled by the MSFS AI aircraft algorithm at all airports. At non-towered airports you won’t hear any ATC comms requesting start-up, taxi clearance etc., but they will start-up, taxi to the active runway and take off as if they were under tower control.

I guess no pattern/taxi announcements?

I have seen GA IFR traffic make announcements at non-towered airports.

It might happen, it will depend on whether the airfield scenery supports radio comms even when there’s no tower.

That would be interesting. I’ve never heard those calls from other airplanes in the sim.

There have been a rare few occasions when multiple online simmers are at a non-towered airport and actually do things mostly correct. But if they are working the radio, we don’t hear it.

Redwing Simulations has a “USA 1935” add-on that, among other things, substitutes default Asobo models in multiplayer with aircraft more suited to the 1935 period. I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate those models into a Golden Age variant of Offline GA Traffic - it would go great with Redwing’s period airports.

Great idea! Since Redwing own the models, I would make this suggestion to them.

I don’t think any change would be necessary.

The redwing addon when installed replaces all cases of the Asobo generic so if offline GA adds an aircraft it should use the appropriate one from Redwing.

I’ve not purchased the offline ga addon yet but it’s on the wish list. Is it still worth it at this point in 2023?

There is some sort of conflict between Offline GA Traffic and the Redwing mods. With both installed, AI aircraft are the Redwing models, but they’re all pink.

Hi @GBTAW I only just “connected the dots in my mind” and realised this is your product at SimMarket under the name of SimFlea.

I’ve had my eye on it for a while but never wanted to make an account at SM. However I won a Gift Card for there at the weekend (by winning my class in eSTOL!) so want to pick it up now I think but have a few questions if you don’t mind please?

I’ve read through this topic but not really clear on some things, as well as it seems things may have changed a lot since the early days.

So:

• Is it still being supported?

• I have in the past downloaded and tried a couple of the free mods from .to that sound like they do the same but less than impressed, seeing as one didn’t work at all (seemingly… maybe better now) and the other was quite fiddly to install needing going in to edit files which put me off trying. Is this one easy to configure?

• One of those free ones had (almost) exactly the same name. It’s removed now but I have it on my Disk. Is that yours also? How does this paid one differ?

• I suppose it’s impossible to say now, but I assume it won’t immediately work in v2024 of the sim. Would you look at making it compatible for existing customers?

Cheers!

Yes it’s still being supported, it’s a ‘set-and-forget’ install, this version has new liveries and 6 times more flightplans, it will be upgraded for FS2024 if necessary but obviously pricing tbc.

2 Likes

New v6.0 Release - Bug fix and new optimised flightplans:-

New in Version 6.0:

• All flightplans optimised to create an equal percentage of parked aircraft at every available airport and airfield - if you set your traffic slider to 20%, you’ll see 20% of the parking spaces occupied globally.
  • Bug Fix: Incorrect tail numbers for UK registered aircraft - all affected aircraft now have individual G- prefix tail numbers.
1 Like