OIFM Water Runway problem- Any insight?

Hi Simmers,
After the last update. When I select the plane, this message appears and the Fly option is disabled and I can not fly! While the starting point of the flight is not on the water but an airport on the ground And when you choose a plane for the water, the option of the same airport is active !?

. Has anyone experienced this? what is the problem ? Thanks for your help

I just went to investigate this issue myself and I see this:

It makes me think that perhaps you are using a 3rd party add on for that airport. If that is the case, I wonder if the person who created the add-on inadvertently created the runway as a “water runway”?

Without further information I would have no way of knowing.

1 Like

Yes, I changed the airport … but I did not change the runway. it is the default runway.

I didn’t realise it was your own mod here. In that case I will move it to #sdk-discussion:airports in case someone there is able to help diagnose what might be going on.

1 Like

Yes, it is my mode and I did it several times and I don’t know what’s going on for this time for the new update! I did not change the runway

1 Like

I’m going through all my airports and recompiling using the new SDK tools. I went through my water runways and taxiways at an old airport I had created and brought everything up to snuff (there is now a Runway Water material, and I associated that with my water runways and taxiways).
You can just do a quick read of the airport xml file and see what the definition of the runways is right away.
Also, make sure you have the “Delete Runways” tag set.

Maybe a material got assigned to the runway and you didn’t realize it?
Maybe post your Runway elements from the xml and we can take a look?

2 Likes

Thanks…my friend . :pray:

1 Like

Getting the same issue. My runway is all asphalt. Checked the material multible times, but it always gives the report that I cannot takeoff from a water runway.
No 3rd party addons used with that scenery build.

1 Like

Same issue, my .xml:

Your xml is not showing up. You need to put 4 spaces in front of each line.

Runway lat=“52.45727750017991” lon=“7.18230060931017” alt=“27.90880155935884” heading=“234.89999389648438” length=“990.11572265625000” width=“30.00000000000000” patternAltitude=“304.79998779296875” surface="{2E0DE83F-B79A-4435-905C-DCBBEAC55C59}" transparent=“FALSE” number=“23” designator=“NONE” primaryLanding=“TRUE” primaryTakeoff=“TRUE” primaryPattern=“LEFT” secondaryLanding=“TRUE” secondaryTakeoff=“TRUE” secondaryPattern=“LEFT” primaryMarkingBias=“0.00000000000000” secondaryMarkingBias=“0.00000000000000” groundMerging=“TRUE” excludeVegetationAround=“TRUE”></Runway

That’s definitely tar. And what does your airport delete line look like?

I there some kind of limit for letters? it keeps to shorten the xml, so its obviously not the complete one

I only left the frequency, the rest is deleted
DeleteAirport deleteAllApproaches=“TRUE” deleteAllApronLights=“TRUE” deleteAllAprons=“TRUE” deleteAllFrequencies=“FALSE” deleteAllHelipads=“TRUE” deleteAllRunways=“TRUE” deleteAllStarts=“TRUE” deleteAllTaxiways=“TRUE” deleteAllBlastFences=“TRUE” deleteAllBoundaryFences=“TRUE” deleteAllJetways=“TRUE” deleteAllControlTowers=“TRUE” deleteAllDepartures=“TRUE” deleteAllArrivals=“TRUE” deleteAllPaintedElements=“TRUE” deleteAllLightSupports=“TRUE” deleteAllTaxiwaySigns=“TRUE” deleteAllILSs=“TRUE” deleteAllTerminalWaypoints=“TRUE” deleteAllTerminalNDBs=“TRUE”

Sounds like a bug then. Did you report it to Zendesk? You can send them your project.

will do that, thanks!

I have been keeping an eye on this thread as this particular issue interests me.

There was a new portal opened recently for queries related to the SDK. The site is:
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html

A separate account needs to be registered to post on that site (as the forum login is not linked).
I would suggest raising this query there.

I think there was a problem because I was in the middle of building the airport when the new simulator update was done and after I continued working with the new update, this problem occurred. So I left the previous file aside and rebuilt the airport again and the problem was solved … Anyway, thank you very much for your help my good friends

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.