OK, I'll say it - Live Weather IS working

Starting about two days ago (or whatever day it was that the servers were down for a bit), I noticed a vast improvement in live weather. The heights of cloud layers were definitely off, but pressure, temp, surface winds, and winds aloft were accurate.

As of this morning, bases of the layer over the airport and the visibility appear to me to be accurate.

I don’t know what’s being done behind the scenes, but as far as I can tell, progress is definitely being made.

15 Likes

It may be for you, but it’s definitely NOT for me.

The weather icon on the tool bar is gone, greyed out in the options button on the toolbar and even though it says live weather is on, I can’t adjust the time slider and the only way to get anything but blue skies is to turn the live weather switch off in the data screen. Hasn’t worked for 4 days now for me.

3 Likes

As of last night, I still had no live weather. I haven’t had it working since last Sunday.

4 Likes

You’re likely in Live Players mode, which locks your weather and time to “real time”. If you switch from Live Players to All Players or Group Only, those options will come back. That’s actually how it’s supposed to work.

Now, the issue of weather itself not working, that’s a definite problem with the live weather system. They can say that it’s been fixed all they want. As long as there are people still reporting there’s no weather, it hasn’t been fixed.

6 Likes

Still broken here… and ATC insists on repeatedly assigning incorrect runways in relation to headwind, which is INCREDIBLY annoying.

10 Likes

Last night (America time zone) everything was working great on the sim to me, weather, loading times, AI traffic… I even performed one of the smoothest landings I’ve ever achieved on the 787 despite the crosswinds

I wonder if that holds any relationship that yesterday was a holiday in USA and the US West server I was connected to was less congested than the usual…

1 Like

Well don’t I feel like a dope! I have no idea how that got changed, I’ve changed that setting but when I did switch to all players, I noticed that other settings got reset to default. Perhaps after I made changes to something else that got changed as well.

Thanks again Crunchmeister71!

2 Likes

Those are multiplayer servers. They have absolutely nothing to do with weather, PG, or other Bing data. If you disable your multiplayer in your options > Data tab, that whole MP server interface is greyed out, you’re not connected to anything, but you still get all your normal Bing data like weather, traffic, PG, etc.

5 Likes

Been working here…

2 Likes

Of course! Bing + Azure!

It’s hit or miss for me. Yesterday AM(USA), it didn’t work, but by very late in the evening it did. So far, so good today.

1 Like

I just had zero visibility flying into ETSB. I switched over to Rex Weather Force and skies were clear. Who knows what was correct :man_shrugging:

If I read this correctly, seems MSFS was correct?

I had a lovely (albeit windy) flight from Inverness to Isle of Man and weather was spot on! Temprature, wind, clouds etc! I’m amazed how amazing it looks like even on my average PC!

4 Likes

I’m getting live wx no problem, but I cannot get the ATC ATIS selection to come up at any airports, even class B airports. If I click on the ATC, I see the ATIS selection pops up for a quick millisecond but then reverts to behaving as if it is an uncontrolled airport and the ATIS option vanishes. Just started in VR after SU7.

@onefang666 - I havent had REX Weather Force working at all since SU7. I even updated to the newest version. Live wx works much better for me than RWF.

it’s buggy. every now and then my fps drops to 6! I just stop and restart the injection.

I’m glad it’s working for you, but my experience doesn’t match yours.

Right now my local airport (KHIO) is IMC with a hard ceiling at 900 feet. According to Asobo/MS the ceiling is unlimited.

Here’s the METAR IRL:

and what the game’s METAR translates to

Here is what it looks like in the game

and an exterior view

I’m not sure how this is better than the previous solution.

1 Like

Well, I have had a lot of good experiences with the weather update. But yesterday I bought the Alaska Mesh from Orbx. I just went to try it just a few minutes ago, see if by any chance it helps define the coastline better. So I spawn on a runway. Its sunny, the trees are green. Eventually, I start heading down the runway to take off. I’m halfway down the runway, about to lift into the air, when suddenly it turns into partly cloudy, but even worse, there is snow all over the ground, and the trees are all covered with snow. I’m going to put that on the list of excessive transitions between weather…

2 Likes

They DO, however, have something to do with Live Traffic. A while back when Live Traffic was screwed up, you could get it to work on a Europe server, or an Asia server, but not on a US server.

Truth is, we really don’t know for certain how this mess really works.

1 Like

I have MP disabled. I see no MP traffic. I’m not connected to any server and that entire section is greyed out. Yet I have Live Traffic, PG, Bing data, and normally weather as well.