Ok, now I see what all the fuss was about!

Thanks. Suspected something like that.
Played around with several DEM packages I have, and for Germany I kept the freeware 20 DEM by Troglodytus. The mountains look a tad better than the stock DEM. Austria is about on par with the 10m freeware DEM. A matter of taste really I think. There is also a 1m DEM for Vorarlberg (westernmost part of Austria). That’s very good but performance drops quite a bit.
For Switzerland Asobos DEM is quite brilliant.

That’s a fact!
By default, however, I tend to be the glass-half-empty type myself. But actually from what I’ve been seeing here over the last year, I think some people must be either utterly and truely miserable or they take tremedous pleasure in winding people up on purpose and making their lives hell.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more…

2 Likes

Gosh, learn to differentiate… people raising valid issues are not automatically “miserable” or purposely trying to take the joy from other people.

Just take a step back and think about which customers provided more to the development for this sim: the ones praising every update like it was the best of all and constantly ignoring the issues still existing and naively thinking that Asobo will notice them on their own and fix it asap or those enjoying the sim but pointing to the things that do (still) not work resulting in voted bug reports that end up on the feedback lists, telling Asobo which parts are most important to the community to get fixed?

It is a fact that some things are still bugged or again bugged (as the tree draw distance) and if we keep quiet, why should Asobo invest energy, manpower and money into fixing something that obviously nobody bothers? Ever thought about this that way?

I am also massively enjoying flights in Switzerland after WU6, as it was a HUGE leap forward for the rendition of this small country, but why should I not in the same time be able to say: “wonderful update, but this snow coverage in live weather ruins flying around with live weather and should be fixed”?

It is a forum to exchange exactly such things, to see if you are alone with certain issues and bugs or not and to achieve being seen by the devs by upvoting an issue. So thanks those for pointing me to the threads already existing about snow coverage where I could add my vote…

1 Like

Last evening i flew on ushuaia with c172 cessna and live weather worked really well
While in full head wind my plane almost flew backwarts figuarly speaking and had lots of downdrafts in the vincinity of mountains. It mad it very hard to fly and feit very real, my yoke feit heavy and i really had to fight with the force of mother nature awesome i would say.
Then i did a crosswind almost 90° landing, but butterly smooth in movement.

Man i love this sim

1 Like

@AnkH828072 I can understand your frustration, but making a rather blunt posts in a topic not related to the issue you are experiencing will tend to yield the responses you have seen here. That’s what Zendesk and the bug reporting sub forums are for.

As a matter of fact, I have been flying around Switzerland (at airfields above 1500m) with live weather enabled and am not seeing the snow coverage you refer to, so perhaps it is not a universal issue, rather user specific?

Not sure if you have tried these alternatives to the built in live weather or not, but Unreal Weather Live METAR and REX Weather Force are both good options.

Glad to hear you are having a positive experience too @PHSepp796! I love that the up and down drafts are modelled in the sim too- adds a whole new never of immersion that I’ve never seen before in a flight simulator.

1 Like

I agree with you, i just think it must be one hll of a job to get live weather sync in the sim i mean there are so much factors in modeling the sim, so and mold everything in place that possible might fail but eventually it stays a fine piece of art.

But i have no need for external programs yet like unreal weather or Rex altough they are wunderfull programs,

But i see also a challenge to create own weather settings from external weather forecasts and Learn to understand how weather behaviors, affect on plane configurations whilst on the ground or up in the air.

Yes it is a simulator in many ways and you can fly in it as well.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this flight plan. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!! Looks like real life in VR.

2 Likes