Okavango delta anyone?

Παρακαλώ Άλεξ.
It is also so much fun to drive around in the Okavago Delta with my new addition to MSFS the Mitsubishi PAJERO car from Flightsim and find all the animals.

4 Likes

I have tried Okavago Delta bush safari flights and here is my view:
The idea of safari flights in this area is great, I hope many more areas in remote places get more attention than in other sims.
Nevetheless I’m quite disappointed with this scenery. First of all, this is a flightsim, we want realism. Why spend so much time on the camps while you can only reach it by car. Why not put more effort in creating an immersive experience when you fly into the airstrips. The airstrip runways look OK, but that’s about it. There is no local vegetation, there are no objects other than some jeeps and the airstrips are pretty much lifeless.

Ok, here’s what I would to see: There are lots of experienced simmers who’s love fly Cessna Caravans to paved and unpaved airstrips. We want the African bush pilot experience. The fauna is a good start, but focus more on the destination. Add people (also locals, not just rich Americans), moving animals blocking the runway sometimes, environmental sounds, and other interesting objects. I also miss some photoreal ground textures, dust and mud. Add a system of local vegetation shrubs, trees and grass that are more typical for this environment.

Anyway, there’s a lot that you can do make us feel more like being in Africa. You can set the example for other developers, because the idea really really good.

Last but not least, consider adding the airport Maun, because all these air charters start from this airport.

I hope this will help you with your future projects!

6 Likes

You are forgetting one thing. FPS. Its all OK what you said but remember that if they incorporate all what you have suggested, then we will fly with 10 FPS. So enjoy what you have .

2 Likes

To know from my own experience the airstrips in this area don’t have much facilities. Only some people and cars, when the planes landing or departing.
Look at these two Vids:

But also i would say Maun Airport is mandatory. A Mackair livery for the Cessna Grand Caravan is available on flightsim.to

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this videos.
They give a great viewpoint of how it looks in RL there.
I agree a customized Maun airport scenery is a must for better immersion. A hanger with signs of the fictional charter could be a great touch, too.:wink:

Otherwise it will be again left on the talented freeware makers to make the airport.

Thanks for this great add-on, I wish plenty of this kind cover all the earth.
Anyway, things can always be better and I agree with sone posts above, some airstrips requires improvements, and we’d love to see more local things like improved trees but also some locals, some villages…
Do you plan to have product update?

1 Like

I haven’t tried the Bush Trips yet but I’m having fun low and slow 500 ft. AGL looking for wildlife. I am enjoying this scenery immensely and hope there will be many updates and improvements over time.

I have really enjoyed it, even though it’s not perfect as noted in the comments here. I think it is worth the cost. I’ve already had a lot of fun with it.
Mark

1 Like

Got this scenery package and love it. Fully understand about the animated vs static wildlife - if anybody has any doubts get hold of the freeware “elephants at Heathrow” package and try running that. It’s a bit of fun but kills your system stone dead.

1 Like

hi !

today i bought this scenery - but flying around i can’t find any animals – ???

are there any special settings do be done ?

thanks for hints

Kurt

I believe the animals are mainly near water.

hi !

please for a few hints where to find animals - flying around i couldn’t find any of them…

thank you!

Kurt

i found them…

1 Like

Can you help me, I bought MSFS Okavango Delta in the marketplace but I can not figure out how to start it?

What do you mean “start it”? If you mean the Bush Trips, they are in… Bush Trip section.

Also check in the content manager that the scenery and bush trip are actually installed. Buying a digital licence in the marketplace does not necessarily install the product. You often need to go into the content manager after you buy it and download and install.

The scenery additions should appear when you go to that area in the world map. When I go to Africa, I see the following cluster of POIs and airports where the new scenery is (zoomed out and zoomed in):

1 Like

There are two missions with this pack which you can load from the world screen by clicking on the load button at the bottom of the screen and then navigating to your community folder on your C drive.

1 Like

Any info about update? Now we have rhinos and hypos :grin:

Yes, two days ago there was one or do you mean an other one?

1 Like