Ominous Obelisks near Juneau AK

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No only one addon Cessna 310R

Brief description of the issue:

Scenery Artifacts - Twin Obelisks or Towers at approx. Lat. 58 40 22 N / Long. 134 58 31 W and Straight lines where overlap Satellite imagery of different hues overlap. As well as a persistent horizon line artifact 360 degree view.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

approx. Lat. 58 40 22 N / Long. 134 58 31 W about halfway between PAGY and PAJN

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Have not flown route again

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD 5800X3D; RTX 4080: 32 GB DDR 3600 RAM, Gen 4 SSDs: solid machine MSFS runs very well
Win 10 & DX11

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello,
Do you have Orbx Alaska Mesh? Users with this product have reported this issue with this product.

No, I do not use the Orbx Alaska Mesh. In fact I do not use any 3rd party sceneries at all, nor I have bought or used any Marketplace sceneries. My MSFS install is the plain vanilla Premium package with only the Blackbird sims Cessna 310R and Vans RV14 installed (I was flying the RV14 when this was noticed). It did seem to be some kind of LOD error as the “obelisks” popped in at around 10 nm then disappeared after I passed again at around 10NM. I remember that early in the release of MSFS people reported towers like this at various locations around world. Other than this one anomaly my install has been running smooth and looks great, just figured I should report it. I will fly the route again today to see if it replicates again.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, flew the same route just now - Dep. PAGY Skagway to Arr. PAJN Juneau, AK. Same time of day 12:00 local. Same 2 towers in same place, but I have a more accurate position: Lat. 58° 48’ 1.38 N; Long. 134° 58’ 12.06 W with the river in the middle. The screenshot is looking north and I flew around them than continued to PAJN.

I looked at the World map and when I zoomed in I could see some areas with a distinct lack of features and of course the same clear differences in the adjoining satellite tiles in color and definition of terrain. I figure MSFS can’t be held to accountable for irregularities in Bing satellite map tiles, but the obelisks are huge. To be honest I’d rather see UFOs as they would be more fun.

Hello,
Thanks for the report. I see them in the sim, although I do not see that horizontal line in your second screenshot.
In the future, it is easiest to give coordinates by turning on Developer Mode and going to Debug > Display position because the first coordinates given did not have any spikes:

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. If you are seeing the same thing but have no further details to add, you can just vote for the bug report. There is no need to reply.