On screen indication of sim rate

Go to your key bindings. Set ALL and look under MISCELLANEOUS. Scroll down and you will see three options: Sim Rate, Decrease Rate, Increase Rate. Forget Sim Rate. Just delete the default. Bind Decrease and Increase Sim Rate. I used Right Control to Plus on the keypad, and Right Control to Minus on the keypad. Works great.

2 Likes

I already found it - it is bind by default to CTRL - NumPad+ and CTRL - NumPad-. In older Flight Simulator titles it was + amd - on the main keyboard (next to backspace).

The weird thing I find is that it doesnā€™t seem to reset to the default rate if you say increase it twice and then decrease it twice. It seems to just be a bit off from a real clock.

1 Like

I canā€™t even change the Sim Rate. I press r then + or minus and nothing. I tried ctrl-plus and ctrl-minus as well, nothing. Even tried mapping the increase and decrease sim rates to right ctrl plus and minus and deleting the r for sim rate, nothing changes.

You can check your sim rate by turning on your strobe. It flashes about once per second in real time.

When I increase sim rate more than one click the pitch begins to oscillate and goes unstable.

It would be nice to know which time acceleration setting Iā€™m using, especially when trying to go back to real time.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I am using sim rate R+ctrl+ but i was wondering is there any window screen anything That shows how fast rate isā€¦2x 4x 8x ? Like in xp11, i can see buy stopwatch how fast is going but itā€™s strange looks like pretty slow when going on regular speedšŸ¤”

You can determine your sim rate by turning on your beacon and/or strobe and going to an outside view. In normal time, the pattern is one flash per second, or very close to that. (In the Cub, itā€™s a double flash once per second).

1 Like

I look at a running clock in the cockpit, like the display on the Garmin. But what I really try to do is just remember how many times I pressed R + so I can undo it by the same amount. No text overlay on the screen for simulator status indicators: missing item #4712 in this early access alpha.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve found the easiest way to calibrate/check your setting is to open the ā€œNAVā€ overlay, start the stopwatch there, and compare it to the in-cockpit clock. That way you can quickly confirmif you are at normal time, speed up, or slowed down.

2 Likes

To get it back to normal time you mash the ctrl- key serveral times and then the ctrl+ key two times
Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s exactly to time; I suspect itā€™s a little faster but itā€™s the level before is definitely too slow

I just wish they had a reset button!

Its so annoying, I had to set a timer and compair it to the cockpit clock in the game to see if it was normal time or sped up.

2 Likes

Yes, much-needed.

Why not just do it the same way it was done in FSX /P3D, with it written in a line across the top,of the screen. No need to reinvent the wheel.

4 Likes

This is ridiculousā€¦ In FSX, 14 years ago, you could reset the sim rate to normal
with a keystroke. Yet another function to add to the long list of things that were better in FSXā€¦

2 Likes

What is the Change-Rate? 2x 4x 8x? or 2x 3x 4x

I tried using sim rate to catch up to a multiplayer group, I left auto pilot on so it would fly the same route as them, and got a tip box onscreen telling me it goes faster if you disable auto pilot. Yeah, OK fine. Trouble was, when I reset the rate to normal, the Tip box stayed on screen and nothing I tried would get rid of it and I tried everything short of restarting the flight. Gave up in the end and went to bed. REALLY annoying.

Hmmmm And how did you reset the rate to normal?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-mobile-companion-app-v1-3-released-added-flc-lights-deicing-gps-track-line-freeware/336210

Assuming everyone has a mobile phone, this app has a tab which letā€™s you control the rate. It is also fantastic for controlling autopilot, lights etc

5 Likes