OnAir....the Marmite add-on

I’ve tried most of the opposition. The first was AH2 which over many years I couldn’t warm to. Then I tried FSE and again couldn’t get into it to deeply. Skypark I found all just a bit too dumbed down. Neofly came so close but again there were just some irritations that made me continue looking.

So I am currently trying out OnAir which I loaded up with some trepidation as it seems to be the one add on that attracts a lot of criticism from its detractors whereas with the other career add-ons if people don’t like them they just move on. OnAir seems to attract active dislike which I was interested to see whether was entirely due to the subscription model or if other forces were in play.

My personal main dislike is the community being on Discord rather than an organised forum but that may just be because of my age. The other thing that irks is that when starting up a new company it can take a few goes to load up the Tutorial, but hey, at least there is a tutorial. The add-on certainly seems to be under constant review and adjustment which bodes well for the subscription model. Speaking of the subscription, it really isn’t all that much when you are talking of already having spent getting on for over £100 for MSFS and a few addons, or Navigraph.

I do have a couple of questions though that maybe someone can help me with?

When I set up a company and go into settings, I untick the Use Small Airfields option as I really don’t like to have to try to land in a field to deliver “toys”. Similarly I tick option to restrict airfields to only those included in MSFS vanilla. Even when I do this I will sometimes be directed to airfields that are out of commission (for instance EGMH Manston in Kent). Does OnAir truly only use those airports included in MSFS?

Secondly, when I’m trying to adjust the time of day the UTC tool that should change this in settings doesn’t seem to work? When I make my changes I hit save but those changes don’t seem to still be there when I log back in the next day. Do I need to change this every time I log in or am I not saving the settings correctly?

Other than that I have to say I quite like the program. It’s clean, more intuitive than the opposition in my opinion and the career options are just what I’m looking for.