Can Onair be networked from another PC?

Hi
I’ve just purchased this onair program and so far I think it’s great
Does anybody know if it can be net worked across from a different pc other than what’s running MSFS. I’ve always had a pc purely for flight sim and networked everything else so just wondered if onair can be done that way
I’ve seen no documentation saying it can and I’ve tried to send a ticket to onair but that’s becoming a mission

Many thanks

Try the onair discord channel lots of help there

1 Like

You can install OnAir on a 2nd (or even more) computer, to check yr AI pilots, or to find missions.
When you fly a mission yourself, you indeed need an OnAir client launched on your computer where also MSFS is running on. This is to track your flight.
Unfortunately it is indeed impossible to launch the program on 2 different systems at the same time.

Did you create a feature request for this?
https://my.onair.help/hc/en-ca/community/topics/360000797260-Feature-Requests

And for mails/or bug requests, they are answering quite quickly! Even in the weekends!
Its a small company (I think), with an application which is boosted during the msfs launch, so indeed its busy times over there.
But I like!

Greetings from F456 :wink:

I’ve posted this on the onair forums and had no response from it so thought I try it here

I’m set up in the uk. My base airport is EGMC (Southend) I’m renting a kingair 350i My level 5 mission is 5 jobs in the U.S. how am I sopose to get myself and my plane over to the new York area? Am I missing somthing stupid here? I’ve looked for jobs taking me west but nothing. It seems pointless flying there with no jobs or money to be earned along the way so what’s the best answer. Is it rent a new plan and transport myself there or fly there It’s not just there though is it. It’s getting back also As I said am I missing somthing as I’m relatively new to this Many thanks

My level 6 training jobs are in Australia. I just did jobs that step stoned me that way. Arrived in Aus yesterday, took about 2 weeks of job hopping. There should always be jobs that take you in the direction you need to go… I only had to do 1 positioning flight.

You can press “regenerate” to get another mission.

You can also return your current plane (or lend it to some industrious AI colleagues :slight_smile: ), hire another where your new missions are and use the ‘transport’ function to get yourself there. It does take some time to travel, but doesn’t cost anything (to get to the new location).

Just did that from USA back to Europe. Flying the CJ4 (before the fuel consumption was fixed) and I couldn’t find a route ‘hopping’ across the North with short enough legs!

As pointed out above, you can regenerate these missions if you don’t like the look of them. I’m only really using OnAir to give my ‘flying’ some purpose. I’m in a pretty good routine with a couple of AI crews making money while I spend it swanning about the globe in my little executive jet doing the missions to see the world!