Ongoing failure to store / save settings

After days and days, multiple posts and being in contact with Asobo / MS on the sim not saving initial settings ( repetitive loop ), I have come to the surreal conclusion that there IS NO help for those like me that fit outside the magic box.
This is not a slam to Asobo, MS or all the great people that frequent these forums but it IS a cry out to hopefully garner the attention of someone, in a far corner of the world who has gone thru what I am going thru AND HAS AN ANSWER!.
I am one inch away from destroying a clean install of WINDOWS 10, DCS, COD Cold War, AVID Pro Tools, MASSIVE data - songs - pics - MIDI, “A GREAT SIM Red Dead R2” and a whole YEAR of life ALL to get FS2020 to work.
I now get NO RESPONSE from anyone from Asobo / MS.
If you read all this then THANK YOU. This is what was sent and I have done.

MSFS Support team:
This issue is sometimes caused by Windows Firewall blocking certain features of the sim. Please follow the troubleshooting steps described in this article: Xbox Live server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

If the issue persists:

Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.

• In the Windows search bar, type “Services”

• Select “Services”

• Scroll down to the bottom. Double-click on each entry for Xbox and make sure none of those services are disabled or set to manual. Set everything to “Automatic”.

• Install Xbox Identity Provider from here: https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/xbox-identity-provider/9wzdncrd1hkw

• On your PC, go to Xbox.com and select Sign in. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you solve them. If you can’t go beyond the sign-in screen, select Forgot my password and follow the instructions.

• If that didn’t work, select the Start button > Settings > Time & language. Under Date & time make sure the Set time automatically setting is turned on. Open Time & language settings (ms-settings:dateandtime?activationSource=SMC-IA-4027968)

• If none of those options work, select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed. Open Settings (ms-settings:?activationSource=SMC-IA-4027968)

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

I DID ALL THIS PLUS numerous other suggestions on the web to no avail. I disabled AVG anti virus, reinstalled AVG, made exceptions. Made a NEW login per a few posts and still NOTHING. I go into MSFS, set the SETTINGS and it doesn’t save.

( If anyone is having the same issue, PLEASE do these steps as they may work. )
I don’t know where to go from here… FORMAT my entire HD for MSFS2020. NO! Suggestions please as I am willing to try anything. What a great FS community we have, year after year. CHEERS!

After a week of reading, hacking and cursing, I give up. There is obviously some serious issues with all the XBox / MSFS code. This WAS a new PC build but now with all the changes I made to get this sim to work, I think its a paperweight. ASOBO refuses to respond now. Go figure.

I now have the same issue - it just came up without any “reason”. There was no update or anything…

I do have the same issue for a few days now and some of my colleagues too.

This issue started for me a day ago out of the blue. This on a PC on Xbox.

Everytime the sim starts its as if its a new install and I need to set up preferences again which do not seem to be saving. Once its up and running its great but this does add another 5 minutes each time I start the sim,not the end of the world, I know.

I tried deleting the UserCfg.opt file but to no avail. I am currently downloading a fresh install which may be some time as my speed is 33Mbits/s, its been downloading for 12 hours and Im currently only at 68%.

I’ll let you know if this sorts the issue.

Alas a fresh install did not resolve this!

Accessibility settings open up every time requiring input of preferences again!

Same here. Worked fine since august 2020, and started those loops a few days ago, on week when Word Update 3 was released. Maybe a bug…

Same for me. First launch was OK this morning. Since then settings are asked at each launch and the plane selected is forgotten too.

Same here. :frowning:

I too am having this problem since 2/20/21. I noticed it after I logged out of my profile in game. Not sure if that caused the issue or not…

UPDATE! The below steps worked for me, No more initial set up everytime I start FS2000

Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.

• In the Windows search bar, type “Services”
  • Select “Services”
  • Scroll down to the bottom. Double-click on each entry for Xbox and make sure none of those services are disabled or set to manual. Set everything to “Automatic”.

Closing this topic as several different issues are being reported since the topic was created. The last few posts are related to Gaming Services which has been solved.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings-gaming-services-update/368832

When reporting bugs or issues with MSFS, please use the #bugs-and-issues categories.