Online players just sitting on the runway

I was at Heathrow and an online player was on the runway at takeoff position, I was patiently waiting for him to takeoff but he didn’t, so I just went ahead of him. 35 mins later I go back to land Heathrow, and this player is still sitting on the runway.

I’m guessing he has left the server, but why is his plane still on the runway. Unless he was live still.
Is there a way to tell which players are live on the server, otherwise its hard to tell if its a bug?

He is probably just sightseeing other aircraft landings/ takeoffs blissfully unaware that it is annoying to others…

I admit that the first ever time I used multiplayer I did exactly the same thing😂,then realised after half an hour …that I had been a plonker and ceased.

3 Likes

lol possibly.

I just had a feeling he might have left the server, but his aircraft got stuck on the runway somehow.

Does the sim count flight hours if you have the plane sitting on the ground, engine running?

Seems to me some folks might be trying to rack up hours while away doing something else.

We’ve all seen the AI start taxiing then randomly started endlessly spinning in circles right? Maybe the models can get stuck.

Or he’s still figuring out where the throttle is :rofl:

@DashingLeper no, only taxi miles count like that, it seems to time flight hours from the departure phase once a little ways in the air from the runway.

1 Like

Hi @RomoRocket - I moved your thread to the #self-service:online-services-activities subcategory. I also added the “multiplayer” tag to help with search results. Hope this helps the discussion.

1 Like

It could be a bot choosing their destination?

Maybe they never got their take-off clearance from the in-game ATC! :rofl:

1 Like

NO it does not because I tried it on a completely empty remote airport to test it.