Only one Sim Update in 2023?

Hello,
I merged your question into an existing topic for this. There is a second one scheduled for August.

I agree ! All the bridges in my home area of Pensacola, Fl (KPNS) is either missing spans or broken somewhere. It has been with way since DAY ONE. I suspect it may be this way across the globe, not sure.

BUT, Fixing bridges does not make “revenue”, eyes candy does. Seems like that is where most of the talent is working these days. O well

I personally think the sim is in a pretty good spot. I don’t really see a need for a rapid fire SU schedule. I agree with ramping it down a bit, and encouraging the community to take a breath, and enjoy the game for a while.

6 Likes

Personally I think bugs above eye candy. In my opinion there are too many Bugs that need sorting before we get more eye candy. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Please consider they introduced Aircraft & Avionics Updates this year (we already had one of those). Those updates contain features and fixes that used to be part of the Sim Updates.

1 Like

Feel free to list the “eye candy” in recent AAU and SU’s compared to the amount of “sim” fixes. These kind of statements gets quite tiresome as they are never backed by any facts.

World Updates are done by other teams (mostly external) and utilizing totally different skillsets.

Yes, this is a very good point. The AAU1 was amazing, and I would argue that it might be the best update to the sim to date. I actually saw someone post here after the AAU1 dropped, that the CJ4 and C700, were now “too realistic”, and not fun anymore. That to me is clear evidence that the sim is on the right track, and taking steps forward.

4 Likes

Let me put it this way. I would hazard a guess that quite a percentage of users are happy to get in an aircraft get it off the ground and go sightseeing. I’m not belittling anyone who uses the sim in this way in fact I’m pretty sure that most of us have at some time done exactly that.
It’s quite a thing to fly over or through parts of the world that you would hardly ever go to in real life. World updates and the eye candy that goes with them satisfy a big percentage of this sims users and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that in any way.
But when it comes to bugs well they are hitting every user from wannabe pilots,real pilots and even folks who just want to see the ground from above. These bugs affect every user in one way or another. I am personally experiencing a couple of these at the moment and while they are not massive it has reduced my enjoyment of the sim. That and the quite frankly useless replay and camera setup have meant that for a while I have gone back to fsx and will wait a while for the bugs to hopefully get sorted. So what I’m trying very badly to say is eye candy is what sells the product and bugs don’t so sorting them is not so important as rolling out the next lot of visuals.

1 Like

but one doesn’t exclude the other? We have Asobo and WT working on the core sim and World Updates are mainly done by Bing and external parties such as Orbx and Gaya.

Also, there are lot of “serious” GA pilots who love to have a world that is as realistic as possible.

I never understood using “eye-candy” as something negative, as if flying in a realistic looking world wouldn’t be part of a package where all components summed together creates an awesome and as realistic as possible flight sim?

Weather, the world, systems, flight dynamics etc are all parts of that experience, then people can have preferences of course. However with the way they have split up the responsibilities, I’m sure we can look forward to further improvements without having to neglect one thing or another :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A very good post and without doubt you are making a very good point. What I would say though is if you look through the posts on this site there are a fairly large percentage of people who are experiencing bugs. Large or small these bugs are getting in the way of people enjoying the sim in whichever way they wish. Would it not be better to get the bugs out before progressing the visuals further thus getting a more stable sim with which the folks who produce the world update’s a firmer platform to work on and unknowingly introduce yet more problems.

1 Like

Then I’ll ask you one more time. When is the SU13 update coming? There are many faults with helicopters. The throttle is not working properly. Many errors were also reported to Asobo by external developers. Everyone listens.

A normal answer please. Thanks

2 Likes

SU 13 is scheduled for August.
Regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.