Open letter: Re Update Process and the PC version

I couldn’t agree more with this post and I would (naievly) like to see Asobo provide an open response to it as well.

I think the OP has hit the nail on the head with every point made. This is not about some bitter/twisted ‘PC users vs Xbox users’ hyperbole but rather about what the whole community wants and needs.

It may detract from the post a little, but I would add to these two points to the OPs list:

1. Asobo need to comment on the overall state of fidelity of the sim. The content feels more and more like a beta test with bugged, underdeveloped content missing key features since release. This has been acknowledged but not actioned in a year. I would like to see a plan or intent towards improving key features now Xbox compatibility has landed.

2. Asobo should not commit their dev team to arbitrary deadlines or cycles - this is not a route to success or user satisfaction, evidence would suggest the opposite.

To quote ‘Yes Mintser’ “if you are going to do this very silly thing, don’t do it in this very silly way”.

9 Likes