Open up communications with Reality-XP

At the end of the day, RXP is not under the first party dev umbrella, and trainer based external program solutions are not presently approved for the marketplace, so as such RXP is not a third party partner. If RXP was producing content using a different paradigm, this would of course be a different story. So it would not be appropriate for me or for anyone to make any promises as to bringing Jean-Luc on as some type of collaborator. Also, I obviously cannot comment here directly on any internal discussions.

Jean-Luc and a few of the WT folks had a lengthy meeting in which we we were told much about the backstory of RXP and of the old simulator dev experience, as well as a great deal on a good number of the topics you have seen Jean-Luc write about here many times. I don’t know that I would classify it as a back and forth, per se, but it was very informative and I thank Jean-Luc for that.

Jean-Luc has provided us with some technical details of his desired solutions, and as you can see, we have already been thinking about some of the autopilot and simvar overriding topics. He has also expressed a desire for a high-speed IPC, in order to move large amounts of data into the sim (read pixel data) which would include atomic read/write functions.

As I promised him, we will discuss it within the FS team (Seb, Martial, Jorg, ourselves) and decide where and if those features fit into the roadmap and overall vision of the sim, and get back when there’s something to report there. Thankfully, Jean-Luc was also clear that there are plenty of folks continuing to enter the RXP ecosystem on other simulators, and that his overriding concern instead is less RXP than it is a quality experience for the end user; like most things, we greatly agree there.

-Matt | Working Title

7 Likes