OpenXR reprojection with 22.5fps is a rumor, right? I can not find any official source

Lots of YT and forum posts claiming it, but for the life of me, I can not find ANY source related to WMR or OpenXR confirming it. It also does not work for me, assuming it is real. In all my games, reprojection stops for less than 45fps.

Fake news triggered by the famous first claim of some Youtuber that everyone repeated or not?

1 Like

It is not rumor.

Updates for OpenXR don’t have release notes.
22.5 works, it might need to turn on “Use latest preview OpenXR runtime”, but it works for sure.
I was switching different options, so I don’t remember, but I’m sure it works. I don’t use it, because of artifacts it creates.

I run at 20fps locked in nvidia control panel, WMR set to Motion Reprojection as Always On in OpenXR Developer and my G2 headset using 60hz and it works great…been this way for a while now. I have also used the 22.5fps and 90hz with no problem. I run an i9 10900k, rtx 3090 and 64gb ram. Have used 100% render in MSFS always and toggled between 100% render in OpenXR Developer and 85% to give a bit more headroom to the CPU which is my bottleneck.

I’m at 90hz with repro turned “always on” (still works whether preview is on or off)

If I set NVCP to lock max FPS to 23 (or higher), MSFS has got tEh buTtEry SmOotHs (perfectly smooth 90hz)

If I set NVCP to lock max FPS to 22fps (or less), MSFS is stuttery.

This is with a 3080 and 3090.

present latest runtime 108.2109.21002, can only switch VR 1x ,
latest preview OFF 107.2109.10010, fixes this

Hi Magic,

What do you mean by 1x?

Ta

Edit - do you mean you can only go into VR one time, and it crashes if toggling in and out? I don’t experience this with preview on with the latest runtime, but I’ve seen others mention it

Seems most to all bugs in and about MSFS are setup related, there are a million versions of a million bugs and some do not notice anything, and some just gave up, is what I think I noticed. Mine is not too bad with a complete fresh windows and a fresh MSFS, and then pray every time one runs is, it stays that way (it doesn’t),

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.