OpenXR Toolkit RTX 3090 share your experience!

I would be surprised… The main difference is the VRAM and I don’t think I have ever my GPU memory utilisation above 12gb (since the SU5 optimisations) and normally its far below 10gb.

Now after I had used OpenXR toolkit for about 3 weeks and I had applied the settings according to the general recommendations here, the whole thing uninstalled me again despite convinced statements from other users. I had with my Reverb G2 very many jerks, unstable, fluctuating FPS and every 2-3 minutes image interruptions and briefly black screens. After I uninstalled OpenXR Toolkit again, set Open XR Development to 90%, left my sim graphics configuration with Render Scale 100% unchanged, the FS2020 flies much smoother and stable for me again. Flew in rain from KLGA to KJFK without stutters or anything else. It seems that the OpenXR Toolkit does not work perfectly yet, so I leave it alone and continue to run my FS2020 untweaked.

I’m curious about motion reprojection. Just got a G2 for the mean time, a huge upgrade from the Quest. If I locked frames at 23 and turned motion reprojection on, would it have fewer artifacts and wobbles?

Locking at 23 would have fewer stutters as when the sim would normally jump between 23 and 30. To remove artifacts and wobbles the only way is to project at 30 or 45 fps. I have used 30 before and to be honest I still find it too distracting I’d rather have 35-45 non projected images. I don’t think there’s a computer available that can consistently project msfs at 45 with some major compromises but I’ve had that on other games with steamvr and there’s very little artifacts. Steamvr however is a bottleneck for vr so I now avoid when possible.

I have a Strix 3090 OC (factory overclocked) 64 DDR4 and a i9_9900K all cores at 5 ghz (today is an old CPU, but still going strong. HP G2. I fly only in VR.
I been using the OpenXR Toolkit with the AMD upscaling instead of NIS (Nvidia), size is set at 90%, the Sharpness set at 30%, Anamorphic off, fixed foveated PRESET for quality and wide, NOTHING ELSE.
Open XR is set at 100 rendering with no motion reprojection. In game also set at 100.
Some people like performance over quality on their image. I settle for quality AND also performance. With that said to me performance is being able to set EVERYTHING but Ambient occlusion to ultra and have a smooth flight.
With my now old CPU, and EVERYTHING in ULTRA I am getting between 25-35 FPS and it looks absolutely fantastic.
Nvidia settings: Low Latency Mode: Ultra (this is what made a huge difference), Refresh: highest available, Texture filtering: Quality, Threaded optimization: ON, vertical sync: off, and pre rendered frames at 1 (default)
With my settings I was able to achieved a pretty good average of 30-32
Some people here will say an average of 30-32 FPS is not good enough, but it depends on how you fly. I do not do barn storming, like flying between the buildings in Sydney Australia or New York, and I do not race, I just fly a general aviation aircraft at no less than 1500’ and it is super smooth, and still no CPU bound :wink:

I get about 17-18 easy on my Vram, but everything is in ultra (3440x1440)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.