OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

Welcome back! There is currently no “real” compatibility of OpenXR Toolkit with SU10 (see PSA: OpenXR Toolkit mod is not expected to work with SU10 during beta phase) because there were some major engine changes in SU10 which basically set me back several weeks behind. Your questions are all legitimate, but the short answer as of today is that OpenXR Toolkit is not compatible with SU10 :frowning: and I don’t have enough free time to work on it.

PS: Regarding motion rig, you might want to check out OXRMC: OpenXR-MotionCompensation

I have had no new reports of the issue, so I’m assuming it’s not an issue anymore and not looking into to. Truth is, I haven’t touched the hand tracking in several months now.

You’re providing no details so I can’t help. What headset are you even using? If you are using Oculus + Virtual Desktop, it’s not supported (and I had reports of issues matching your symptoms).

This is a minor update that fixes crash at exit/lingering MSFS process (has to be killed with Task Manager).

Definitely not. The frame rate locking in OpenXR Toolkit is only activating the feature of WMR motion reprojection. It’s not doing any actual frame throttling, it’s just writing a setting for WMR to use.

Also, I will be a broken record: don’t lock your framerate in VR unless it is part of the motion reprojection offered by the platform. The motion reprojection knows what it is doing and how to throttle the app to minimize latency. Any other attempt (via GPU control panel for example) to limit the framerate in VR will lead to increased latency, and even worse, jittering in the latency. These are all bad things.

3 Likes