OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

Are you getting the log message that says something XR_ERROR_RUNTIME_FAILURE?

Hi yes I get the error message.

It’s not the support team you need. They won’t help you with that most likely. What you can do is file a bug to Meta and send whatever logs possible in the hope they will look at it and fix it in a future version.

Great thanks, I’ll do that

Using the new SU12, Depth Mode reprojection is a lot wobblier than it used to be in SU11.

I wonder what the cause of this regression is and if anybody else using this mode has noticed the same.

Some discussion of this in the thread:

It seems that Shift+Z Stats addon may be causing a problem.

I don’t use Shift+Z Stats add on so that’s not the problem in this case.

Thanks for the heads up though!

1 Like

With the in sim “Depth” reprojection taking a big hit in quality, I think I’m going to go back to using the MR from the Toolkit / OXR. However, it’s been quite a while since I’ve used it.

I know there’s a lot that goes into it…but would anyone be able to give me a rough resolution estimate of where I should start for 30 fps with MR? Drops to 22.5 every now and then are fine with me. I will be using the “override resolution” feature within the toolkit, and DLSS within the sim, to achieve this.

My specs are: RTX 3080, Ryzen 5800x3d, Reverb G2.

I’m just looking for a realistic place to start and I can adjust from there easily enough.

1 Like

Do you have OpenXR Toolkit “Over-prediction reduction” set to anything but 0?

If so, could you try at 0?

No do not have any Shake Reduction or FFR enabled.

The wobbles are mainly when turning my head using Depth Mode. Definitely a regression since SU11 in which I happened to do quite a lot of testing.

Btw…where low latency setting in Nvidia control panel should be ?

I noticed a betterment in wobbles with repro locked at 30, saying that we need 90fps for best visuals and clarity in VR…might take some years I gather :). With 30 locked in I do get a nice headroom of about 50 - 65% on my 13900K OC @ 6.1 and 30-40% on my GPU (Nvidia 4090) depending on location.

What headset and runtime?

Can you share your overclocking settings please?

Reverb Pro, aka G1

Only on AI overclocking, 3 cores are at 61 the rest of perf cores at 59. Ef cores, 2 at 45 the rest at 44.
Easy job really, click of a button but you need a decent cooler as the system is scoring it and applies the settings accordingly to keep the temps in check.

1 Like

Simple question:

• Say I am using OXR Tools to run at custom render scale 100% and using the Toolkit to force a given resolution, X
  • If I now change to a render scale of 200% in OXR Tools, does this affect the forced resolution X in any way? Is it now effectively 2X? Or is it still just always X, that is, once I’ve forced a resolution in Toolkit, the OXR Tools render scale has no effect whatsoever?

Or do the 2 layers of scaling somehow “add up” in another way?

Thanks!

What you mean AI overclocking?

I run an ASUS Z790 Max Hero. There is a facility that comes with the board to use artificial intelligence overcklocking which can be activated in BIOS or with an Asus prog called, AI Suite 3.

if by that you mean “Override Resolution”, the “Override Resolution” does what it says: it overrides (replaces) any other setting (incl OpenXR Tools).

1 Like