OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

Hmmm, I’m afraid I know absolutely nada about the Quest.
But this settings are basically a manual DLSSR.

Make sure your Windows is properly Debloated, meaning, running only processes that you need.
Look for Debloating Windows on Youtube, there’s a super nice guy that explains the whole thing, super easy.

change sharpen to 0, save, then make the file “read only” (right click, properties…) to stop msfs changing it to 1.

1 Like

Thank you. If you don´t mind, please share your detailed settings.

Is it still Ctrl+F1 to enable/disable in game? I couldt see the amazing sharpening last time i tried

This shortcut does not work anymore.

Can you detail what you’ve done exactly? I’ve never o/c my 5800x but would like to give it a try.
Thanks!

Understood now!

I tried your settings last night, and it definitely looked awesome, but my rig wasn’t completely up to the task. It did however give me a good idea on how all of the scaling sliders come together and it gave me a good base for a starting point. After dialing your settings back a bit, and doing a bit of tweaking on my in sim graphics, I’m now much happier with how things look and perform.

I still have some slight blur, mostly at a distance, but it’s much less prevalent now and I suspect it’s more to do with the sweet spot of the G2, rather than my settings, because once I actually turn and focus on the blurry areas, they become nice and clear.

I think that’s probably enough tweaking for me (at least until the next update)…time to enjoy flying!

Of course, granted my motherboard is an ASUS, so if you have something different, you may have to improvise. First you need to turn off SMT, and SVM. It’s under advanced tab, under CPU configuration. Then go back to the AI Tweaker page, and enable OC Tuner. And performance enhancer needs to be set to level 2. Then under CPU Core Ratio type in 47.00. Then go AMD overclocking under Advanced, and find Load line Calibration, and set it to whatever about medium would be. I think that’s about it. It should automatically adjust your CPU voltage.

1 Like

Texture Resolution - ULTRA you have that, always do that

Thanks for sharing your settings. I gave them a try (3080Ti/i9-9900k) and the OXR at 250 gives me an instant CTD and bombs out WMR needing a reboot.

I reduced OXR back to a reasonable number (150) and the CTDs stopped but even then, I was still at only around 20FPS. Did you have clear skies for those numbers? City? Rural?
Are all of your settings within MSFS near Ultra (i.e. shadow maps, raytraced reflections, etc. - the ones down the bottom)?

Thanks anyway - I always enjoy a good tweak - why else would I be into Flight simming in VR? :wink:

2 Likes

That is actually very interesting. I have 5900X overclock with Curve Optimizer. Best stable clocks gave me single core cinebench peak 4816 Mhz, multi core 4624 Mhz. I wonder if your approach would actually improve performance? I have a large 360 AIO liquid cooler, so temp shouldn’t be a problem.

Hello. I was wondering @mbucchia sir. Is there a way you could implement a brightness slider? Is that even achievable through a layer like this? It might be a game changer for those of us who are beating our head against the wall because of the shimmering issues. Best regards.

1 Like

I don’t think the shimmer is related to brightness. To lighting for sure, it not brightness as such

Glad you found a way to maximize your system. FYI, it may not have been your GPU or CPU. I am running 6800XT tuned to 2600Mhz and has had the performance you are getting for quite some time. One thing that people do not realize is the importance of VRAM in VR applications. MSFS with G2 heavily rely on VRAM for storing, swapping a large amount of texture (12-14GB in my case). If you have less, the sim will adapt but will introduce stutters and slow downs.

FYI, running 6800XT/10900K with 100OXR/100RS/95FSR with mostly high/ultra 300LOD and am getting 35-40fps in most places. All this is to say that it’s not a particular brand or model, but finding that optimum settings as most high end systems are capable of achieving similar results.

Shimmering is not a brightness issue. It’s how the fine details process lighting. SU5 changed the way the sim process lighting and this shimmering has been the byproduct of their optimization. I don’t think Asobo will go back, unless how they figure out a solution to just fix that specific issue.

1 Like

They’re “on it” . They explained that the shimmering is a result of the TAA. Lights are bouncing on a pixel but because of the antialiasing, they tend to bounce or miss.

My statement might not be accurate because I don’t remember exactly what they said but it was in a Q&A and they know what’s causing it.

That said, on the 21st of January, RXP said:

I’m also working on other QoL features, such as a filter to reduce the over exposure in VR. It won’t be a magic wand but it will help a little bit. I’ve also an experimental implementation of a tweak which corrects some of the 3D vector maths lighting bug in FS2020 (something contributing a lot to the shimmering bug… wait, there is no shimmering bug did they say in the last Q&A? :wink: ) but the problem is that this tweak is also causing WMR motion smoothing to loose its tracks sometimes. So for those not using motion smoothing I might consider implementing this in the official release.

So fingers crossed. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello Mimo
I had the same problem. I thought that I was changing things inside the sim (NOT) . I saved it but did not set to read me only.
2020 fs’ers is really great for information about the sim.
GoodLuck

Hello. Can you take a picture off all your setting. Headset, OTT/ODT, VR setting MSFS.

What ia this thing that RXP is working on? Some kind of unofficial tool?

It may not be directly related, but the sim has over the top exposures, it would be very welcome to have a brightness setting and i also think the shimmering would be less noticable. I should have written exposure, not brightness. Reducing exposure

2 Likes