openXR updated

I think Pimax uses Oculus platform, so no need to use WMR OpenXR Tools.

Updated to latest Open XR and Open XR dev tool. Been getting this error message when switching between VR and 2D. This error occurs with latest preview on. Any ideas why and how to fix? Thx

1 Like

Before you start the game, open the OpenXR Developer Tools for WMR and go to the “System Status” page. There the app will show if OpenXR is “seeing” your hardware correctly. If everything os Ok, you should open a Zendesk ticket to report this bug.

same here …

We used to get this when using the G2 on one of our work laptops. It was very intermittent. I suspect it might have been a USB power issue and the headset was right on the edge of being adequately powered up. Having the headset cable replaced with the new version seems to have cured it.

I actually have the new version of the G2 cable but unfortunately still getting this error. Even using a powered USB hub.

Anyone else feel like everything is quite a bit smoother in the G2 si ce the update? I feel like it stays at my target of 40fps (capped) a lot more consistently than before and it just feels smoother somehow.

Placebo or anyone agree?

1 Like

Whats really weird is that I was getting this when switching between vr and non vr while using WMR, but after updating I am no longer seeing this issue.

107.2109.10010 I can switch in an out of VR endlessly

Latest 108.2109.10009 I can switch one (1) time
after with I get the openXR ‘initialization’ error

My OpenXR Developer Tool was updated this morning. With Use latest preview OpenXR runtime enabled it is showing version 108.2109.21002. I haven’t flown with it yet so I don’t know what impact it is having on the VR experience.

I updated to latest OpenXR last night. No problems so far. Might even be a bit smoother.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.