Option to disable the "Ready to fly" button at start

Nice troll post, kudos. Anyway, if you’re starting on the runway with engines running then having the ready to fly button is fine. But when you start cold & dark in parking it isn’t needed. Also, flying with all players multiplayer on isn’t what I would consider treating it like a sim. Only group flight multiplayer is good for that.

Let me guess, you like the logbook popup too?

1 Like

I engage you in a conversation and I am immediately a troll?

Look above. I am fine with an option to turn it off. I am all about options.

You made it pretty clear that anyone that does not use the sim the way you do is not a real simmer and that anyone not agreeing with you is a troll, so yes, I like the logbook popup. I would have said it would be nice to have an option to turn it off, but that would make me an arcade playing troll.

Thanks for the conversation. I am out.

2 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like trolling at all. I never said somebody not agreeing with me is a troll, just that your post was trolling. It was your choice to include that last part and it was completely unnecessary.

1 Like

I’d appreciate the option enable/disable the “Ready to Fly” button, too. I’d also be happy if there was a key binding that could be set to hit the button. When using VR, it is just easier to handle all functions from the controllers themselves. If that already exists, please share as I can’t find a way to map it.

3 Likes

More accurately for me anyway, I want to skip the cinematics, but have the option to be at that starting position, NOT on the runway!

1 Like

To keep this current, I want to start here!

Perhaps:

1 Like

If you want something like “ready to taxi” then start in a parking spot, not on a runway. I’m guessing you want an option to start at the hold short line with the engine(s) running? That’d be a good option too. The more options the better!

1 Like

Yes exactly. Same config as for takeoff, just in the holding short position (when available).

They did have it a very long time ago and I was super impressed by it.

This pic was published already by MS from a very early tech alpha (1.2 I think) so I can share it here. It was before they implemented the cinematics so it dumped you on the taxiway. I was amazed!

Hopefully they can do it!

1 Like

To be very honest and from the perspective of someone who works daily in the “UX/UI” field for a living, I am somehow puzzled that a few obvious features that could be enabled and disabled through simple settings options, like others are, were still not covered in any update:

1- The in-game drop down tool bar or menu (somehow intrusive and not ideal for immersion) could be shortcuts and enabled disabled in the sim options…
2- The “Ready to Fly” screen just like Cinematic should be given as optional for users and also enabled/disabled.

For some strange reason, I must admit, these were never taken into consideration by the the UX/UI team of MSFS especially that these are part of the GUI design strategy that is in my opinion meant for XBox. Yet, these could be made customizable for people who are on PC, as they are at the same level of any other feature that we can enable or disable in the menus…

6 Likes

Agree on this, it’s completely useless.

2 Likes

What I’d like to see on the opening cinematic, is a walkthrough into the cockpit from the ground steps or the gate. Imagine a slow moving cinematic moving towards the plane from the gate, slowly entering the plane and then the cockpit.

Whilst thats happening, all the data could be loaded around you so that once In the cockpit, everything is smooth as butter panning around

1 Like

For me, more annoying than that, is having to double click on the box to enter the icao code on world map menu…

3 Likes

This thread just got bumped so I’ll comment here to hope we get some renewed interest.

1 Like

I’am still happy with that “ready to fly” button and the little animation… but I can understand users which wish a setting to can jump directly into the flight.

1 Like

It’s possible KEYBIND for joystick button?

1 Like