Optional Game Controls To Include In Sim Display For Computer Temperature Parameters-Threshold Alerts?!

I have a Dell XPS Special Edition with an i9-9900K processor overclocked to 4.7 GHz on all cores, 32 Gb RAM, an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super 8 Gb VRAM, and a non-system NVMe M.2 SSD to support the game installed in the only PCIe Gen 3 x 4 free slot at the BOTTOM of my tower case (less air circulation there?).

Perhaps because I don’t have a 4K monitor, FS 2020 only suggested that I run at the HIGH, not the ULTRA performance level. HIGH res/performance was good, but “not knock my socks off.” I switched to the ULTRA settings. My socks were blown away but my computer got very toasty to the point of going up in smoke. The GPU was something like 184 deg F (84.4 deg C). Neither the Dell XPS 8930 nor NVIDIA GPU’s are known for having the greatest cooling in the world. We let our house rise to 81 deg F (21.2 deg C) during the summer. Hopefully, during fall, winter, and spring months, the house will be cooler and I won’t fry my computer innards running FS 2020 at ULTRA resolution. (I understand that removing the computer case can actually destroy the intended air circulation pattern inside a computer and make some parts run hotter).

I’d like to suggest that since FS 2020 is very demanding on component performance that MS include an optional use “system temperatures” panel that one could include in some part of the cockpit display or whatever as well as thermal threshold alerts/alarms. Apologies if this can already be done at least in part within Windows and I’ll see if the temperature monitor that I’m using, CPUID’s HWMonitor can be used to create a smaller floating window with just the temperatures that I want to monitor.

My wife joked that if I got a 4K monitor that maybe the GPU wouldn’t have to work so hard to figure out what to display in a screen space that’s only 2560 x 1440! (showing my ignorance, any truth to her joke?!)

But I think a lot of us could enjoy the game more at the ULTRA settings if we knew that we were going to be forewarned before we flew right into the Danger Zone (with apologies to Kenny Loggins in the song from Top Gun, the '80’s flick about naval aviation).

Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity

Highway to the Danger Zone
Gonna take you
Right into the Danger Zone

Turns out I’m not a very good scientist. I had NOT run FS on the HIGH res settings all that long before I switched to ULTRA. If I play long enough on HIGH settings, my GPU can get just as hot, easily over 180 deg F. Still, it would be nice to be able to set thermal alerts for the system and have some sort of display monitor within the game for a few critical system temperatures.

I’ve wondered if some of the folks that have complained about system crashes within FS 2020 are just overheating their system? From what I’ve seen of my system, it’s certainly possible to make it get very toasty inside …