Orbx Auckland City Landmark Pack

Might be worth posting it on the Orbx forums @Stuthemoose and @Squibby6134:

Yep I have uninstalled Brisbane city until they get a fixā€¦ the one reason I didnā€™t buy Auckland.

1 Like

Orbx ant exactly reactionary are they? I posted for support last week and never got a reply! And that was about Brisbane and FPS drops.

I dont even bother with Orbx anymore for support. They are useless. Not the company they once were unfortunately. I wasnā€™t John Venemaā€™s biggest fan but he knew how to run a tight ship and they did actually listen to their customers.

Donā€™t expect an update to any of their products in any sort of timely fashion. I do feel Iā€™m taking a gamble every time with their products these days.

1 Like

Yes I do get that general impression from them.

I posted a support ticket re Orbx Auckland and had it answered pretty quickly, by Holger Sandman himself who developed the product:

1 Like

After further flying in the area in various aircraft, there certainly is a gradual FPS drop the closer your position is relative to the CBD, although its rather subtle if you donā€™t have an FPS counter running. It seems like the scenery LODā€™s havenā€™t been optimised in the same was as say Drzewiecki Designā€™s Chicago landmarks which is unfortunate.

It seems when flying above 6000 feet, the FPS reduction is much less. I can achieve a steady 38-42 FPS when viewing the scenery from the external cameras all the way across the city:

Flying around the CBD lower than this, from SFC - 2000 feet, FPS are about 10 FPS lower than this on my system (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, RTX 2070 (4GB), 32GB RAM) running in 1080p with Terrain LOD at 300.

I raised a ticket with them once three times and never got a reply. In the end I posted in their forum and was told that they had responded to me each time. the person who responded to me on the forum then emailed me directly and the email contained both my previous tickets and Orbxā€™s responses. They havd been replying, but for some reason Iā€™d never received the emails. They werenā€™t in my spam folder, they just never arrived for some reason.

Once I posted in the forum they resolved the problem in a timely manner so maybe try that.

2 Likes

Flying around Auckland is my benchmark test location every time a new sim update gets released.

Happy to report a significant increase in FPS performance over this area now, up from 38-42 FPS reported back in November 21 to a steady 48 - 60 post SU10. This is using DX11 + Nvidia DLSS + Quality + AMD FidelityFX Sharpening set to 200 at 1920x1080.

1 Like

Does anyone here have any feedback on how well this pack integrates with World Update 12? I have this scenery, but at the moment have it disabled since the new world update. Is it ok to re-enable this scenery pack, or would it be best to wait for an update from Orbx?

Wait for Orbx!

1 Like

I tried it. There are just very weird instances of buildings bending over and going downhill, etc. There was a strange ravine going through part of the city. I knew ahead of time though that Orbx was working on it, so I unloaded the landmarks package.

1 Like

Thanks. I suspected that I would be best off waiting. I was in the midst of planning a flight to NZAA, and I was debating turning on that scenery. Glad I held off.

For me I now have double image of skytower and harbour bridge.

Does anyone know if this has been updated yet?

Iā€™ve put off purchasing it as i saw some people were having issues with it after the NZ WU. I wouldā€™ve thought it would be sorted by now but i havenā€™t seen any news of an update.

As of yesterday, havenā€™t seen an update on Orbx Central. I know that often updates such as this often take a lot of time due to the complexity of getting everything to line up, but Iā€™m sure that one will come in due course.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™ll keep waiting.

Orbx Auckland landmarks has been updated to be computable with NZWU base scenery:

• Extensive updates to the entire package to achieve full compatibility with World Update New Zealand. Note that these updates are meant to be used with the World Updateā€™s photogrammetry coverage of Auckland active. However, the building placements and shoreline adjustments will also work with photogrammetry deactivated.
  • Exclusions to resolve duplication with World Update POIs. Our Harbour Bridge and Skytower (with animated jumpers) have been retained.
  • Mechanics Bay Heliport now can be selected by its ICAO (NZMB), with three pads available as start positions.
  • Additional custom marina at Orakei, east of the port.
  • Adjustments to the shoreline polygons as well as stative vessels and port structures to match the World Updateā€™s new orthoimagery and watermasking.
  • All custom models have received LODs to improve performance in general and allow for an Xbox release (coming soon).
  • Many small bugfixes and enhancements across the coverage area.
6 Likes

Anyone else on XBOX series X missing the bridge and the main big tower when using the ORBX Auckland City Landmark Pack 1.1.2? I bought it on sale via the MS marketplace. Installed and they are missing. Uninstalled and reinstalled just to give that a try. Still missing. Just wondering if maybe the latest MSFS update is conflicting with the ORBX version or if Iā€™m just not doing something correctly. Iā€™m really about to give up buying add onā€™s for the XBOX because they just seem to cause more problems and Iā€™m just wasting $$. But I do enjoy flying and using MSFS.

Do you have the NZ world update installed? Orbx removed some elements that Asobo added themselves I think.

Edit: Ah I see that these two elements should be Orbx and override the world update. Sounds like another odd problem then.

I bought this landmark in this sale. It is working fine on my PC but I did buy it on marketplace so I can fire up the xbox and test it there later today.