ORBX London city disgusted!

The scenery objects supplied from ORBX as payware are far from superior to the MSFS2020 default textures.

DO NOT BUY THIS , it is a severe step back in detail .

Orbx , how can you pass this off as payware for this sim is disgusting

14 Likes

Agree, I got suckered.

Will look very closely before buying anything else from ORBX in the future…

6 Likes

I have said elsewhere that the orbx POIs are generally not as good as the “out of the box” MSFS POIs, so I am not surprised to hear this. Still hoping for very many more POIs “out of the box” as there are so many missing, eg Sydney Harbour Bridge. Cheers.

Edit: I see on the orbx forum that they are aware of the issue and are likely to offer some higher quality textured landmarks as a free upgrade. They are warning however that performance may be negatively impacted.

2 Likes

i have brought pretty much everything from orbx over the years and they were great but this is just embarrassing we might as well go play fs 4.0 that would be better than this.

I too will not buy future products unless they sort their sh*t out.

1 Like

geez i just bought,should have known GRR

1 Like

I don’t buy Orbx anymore. I had several problems with their P3D scenery (compatibility or load order issues leaving holes in the map) , but they were unhelpful and quite demeaning when I asked for support. It felt like they just wanted my money but did not want to acknowledge any possibility their software was at fault.
I uninstalled it & decided then they would not get any more of my money and I will stick to that.

4 Likes

yep exactly my experience NO MORE orbx for this flyer

4 Likes

I think this is a really bad marketing step by Orbx and will be interesting to see how they manage the fallout - they have the opportunity to win back some previously loyal customers (like me!) by their approach to this abysmal first release. If they stand up and cop in on the chin, admit the error of their ways and undertake to do better, they may rescue this situation. But their initial response (eg by locking the thread on the Orbx forums and deleting negative comments on Facebook) suggests that they aren’t off to the right start!! I like their products and want to encourage them to continue with their FS2020 products - particularly returning to their Aussie roots - but they need to respond appropriately to what is definitely a screw up!!

3 Likes

I emailed them today with constructive criticism. They replied back stating they are aware of it and will fix it. I also let them know that their quality should always be superb (no less than mfs20 quality) as they’ve done in the past as this will make me, us, purchase their future addons for mfs20. They were very kind and professional.

4 Likes

Ok the review video openes my eyes… im not impressed. But where does all the positive ratings in the ingame marketplace come from!? oO

1 Like

at least its only $8 not $80

1 Like

I bet they put the default buildings back in and then say you have a free update.

1 Like

That’s what surprised me. Why did they even bother to replace the already handcrafted buildings in the sim? I can understand adding missing buildings, or replacing photogrammetry buildings, but replacing an already great model with an inferior quality one makes no sense.

3 Likes

i only bought it for the london eye

Thx. Was actually close to buying (fun fact: While I had some payware aircraft in FSX / X-Plane 10 + 11, this would’ve been my first payware scenery), but as it stands, I better don’t buy from ORBX and wait in general some time, before I buy something.

So, thx for the warning.

1 Like

I bought London Landmark from the Marketplace. feel so letdown. Can anybody tell me how to remove/uninstall this addon? Can’t find an uninstall option on the marketplace or the content manager. Is there a way to get a refund from the Marketplace?. Thanks.

It’s worth noting, ORBX has indicated they are updating the pack to improve the quality of the landmarks. I just got an update via their Installer (haven’t checked it out yet), they indicated the in-game marketplace has an approval process that may delay distribution to those who got it there.

1 Like

Yes, the large ’ bug ’ is called: greedy.
Thank God I did not bought it.
Orbx is now marked for me, for not to touch anything they release.

-eelis-

2 Likes

This is the problem that these top level pay ware developers the opportunity to churn the wallets of us flight simmers for a fourth time was too good . They are complicit in the over marketing hype of this sim .

1 Like

Update available in Orbx Central for London City Landmarks and EGLC. Haven’t had a look yet, but release notes say that default Tower Bridge has been reinstated, among other things.

1 Like