Orbx London city pack is a joke and Microsoft should remove it from the marketplace

So I finally got the latest Orbx London city pack update. But still it is a joke that they are charging for this add-on they have literally just dumped the building on the scenery and not even attempted to fix the terrain issue’s even if they are directly below the building they are placing.

Now I have released a free add-on for the River Thames that fixes terrain height issue’s and have fixed all of the water height issue’s aswell as added some boats, uncovered hidden features and added some buildings, but the orbx scenery overides my fixes and ruins my work.
screenshots after latest update for this pack:

Some screenshots from my edits to see i have fixed it.

Have reached out to orbx to see if they can incorporate my add-on into there’s, but if not was thinking of seeing if anyone capable of adding good models into the sim would like to or will just take the time to learn to do it myself.

7 Likes

i thought OrbX are doing good quality ? mmmh maybe not this time ?

1 Like

We know. This topic has already been done to death in other threads. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah but nothing is being done and unless a fuss is made it will be accepted.

I think at this point it’s more like spamming the forum.

4 Likes

“(insert anything released this year) is a joke and should not have been released in this state.”

Seriously though, I only wish the cities in my copy looked that good.

But also seriously, when they released the pack like an hour after launch it raised my eyebrow. Seemed pretty unlikely they’d already be done.

Not really as it’s the first chance I have had with the latest update. Is that how we are gonna deal with issue’s, hide behind the it’s spam comments or block posts about issue’s some don’t like.
I don’t want Microsoft accepting shoddy work and allowing it on their marketplace.

3 Likes

Well, mods shouldn’t close all the threads on it, just merge them into one.

If this was a driving sim or one in which you could land at the locations I could see an issue. As a flight sim Not so much

Well even flying we don’t want just totally lame sceneries.

1 Like

its ridiculously easy to fix the terrain issue’s especially in London around the river as it’s mostly flat.
If I can fix the terrain issue’s with my first ever add-on then a paid company can.
Why accept poor work when there is no need to, do not understand why anyone would argue against better quality.

6 Likes

With my current experience of the Orbx London City Landmarks Pack , I can assure Orbx that I for one will not be purchasing anything else from them. The rushed initial release was bad enough, but then to put out an update that’s equally lazy and shoddy…Orbx can kiss my wallet goodbye.

3 Likes

Funnily, I downloaded your add-on, noticed it conflicted with Orbx’s, and removed yours right away, because theirs is much more relevant and effective in making London look good.

If you weren’t incapable of pointing out flaws without being disrespectful and rude, I’d thank you for your work, but honestly, this kind of ■■■■ should have no place in this community.

Unfortunately, some simmers aren’t half as mature as they think they are.

A quick use of the forums search facility would have found multiple existing Orbx scenery threads talking about this issue.

In fact, you yourself posted this one a few days back:

1 Like

Yes there are posts but this is new for the latest update old posts just get lost and forgotten about.

LOL so he’s just spamming?

He’s also spamming the same stuff on this thread.

If old posts get forgotten, you should take the hint that people may not be interested in continuing this discussion as much as you believe they should be. This is called spamming.

Why are you here then, if you don’t care then don’t comment.
Your literally arguing for poor quality.
If I make the same post about the exact same version yes that would be spam.
But this post is about the new update.

Venice same problem with waterlevels ( not as in flooding) and floating objects (like boats mored at the waterfront) appearing sunken… Don’t start now about Zen, this phenomenon is too obvious. But despite this I love MSFS 2020, can’t stop flying…

1 Like

They already did that letting Orbx loose in the Marketplace. Bought just 2 products of theirs for 2 sims, both have been poor quality amateur level work that they have the neck to charge money for. True Earth🙄 GB South is an utter dogs lunch and that’s being polite, and don’t need to comment on the London City pack for MSFS. Yet people/disciples of theirs ball cup them and sing their praises as if anything they turn out is the best thing ever.

2 Likes

I believe the reasoning was that those threads deal with issues that were mostly specific to the old version. Merging them can create confusion as to what version people are discussing.

Now that the new version has been pushed out, all future discussion should pertain to that version. Sounds like this topic is focused on that, which is a good thing. Personally, I like being able to tell what version is being discussed so I can decide if it is worth the purchase or not.

2 Likes