ORBX NZ mesh after todays 1.25.9.0 HF

Seems the hf today has messed up the mesh in NZ. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

This is Inibuilds NZQN. Even the default Asobo NZQN shows the same.

Just to be safe, have you tried clearing your rolling cache (if enabled).

1 Like

Yeah did all that including verify the files in Orbx central. I’ve opened a ticket with support so we’ll see what happens. Just interested if anyone has seen anomalies as well with 3rd party mesh around the globe. Surely others must be affected too!

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not seeing this issue on a completely unmodded install.
Regards

1 Like

Well of course you will not see anything because it’s default. This is a 3rd party mesh.

His statement also said “…

1 Like

When i disabled the Inibuilds NZQN and enabled the Asobo default airport the Mesh problem still appears! So the 3rd party airport is not the cause. Then you responded with, (Even the default Asobo NZQN shows the same.) clearly shows you did not read what i wrote.

I have Orbx NZ Mesh but no Inibuilds airport. Went to check the region out after seeing your post and have lots of terrain glitches around the area, but not as dramatic as yours.

1 Like

You’re not being clear at all. YOU said the default scenery shows the same problem, as the third party scenery, even if you disabled the add-on scenery, which it clearly does not for me. The HF did not change the scenery at all for me with the add-on removed from the sim.
Regards

2 Likes

Thanks for your report. I have done a recon of many airports so far and I’ve noticed elevation and spikes everywhere.

1 Like

I hear through developer circles that Orbx are aware of this issue and it’s cropped up since the SU9 patch. Fingers crossed there’s a fix available soon!

I flew NZRO-NZQN last night NZ time and the mesh was fine. Did the Mandatory HF update today and it’s like this now. So this has just happened with the patch. So yeah waiting for a reply from Holger @ Orbx

2 Likes

I have had terrain spikes and weirdness around Queenstown for a fair while, at least 4 to 6 weeks. (Orbx mesh, Aotearoa vegetation mod, Queenstown airport scenery)

Wow, what a nice person.

Not only NZ mesh, also Himalaya mesh is having some spikes problems.
Wait and see, as usual…
Cheers.

Oh, and I dont tried Alaska mesh, but…

1 Like

And this statement was proven wrong by the person who posted a screenshot with the default scenery („unmodded“).

So either you are still very unclear what you mean with „default scenery“ - because I understand this exactly like the other poster: „No mods/3rd party products installed whatsoever - or it simply means that „it still works for some, it fails for others.“

In any case, no reasons to get rude when people are trying to help with additional findings.

Hi all
I also have the issues if using Orbix NZ mesh.
I reported it and received a reply from Orbx saying they are aware of the issue and working on a fix.
So for now I guess its it put up with the terrain issues or disable the mesh.
I wonder if we will ever get a sim update which dose not create further issues for some users?
I guess such is life when using such a complex game?
Best wishes
Bob

4 Likes

Topic has been closed as the author indicated a solution.