Orbx PAC 750 XSTOL

I don’t know if it’s just me but the suspension seems too stiff. Anyone know if that’s accurate to real life?

Check out some Youtube videos. (1) pac 750 xstol aircraft - YouTube As being a STOL aircraft it would need a fairly firm suspension and also for landing on rough terrain like when using farmers grass airstrips for fertilizer spreading. This is an all-terrain utility aircraft, not a Lear Jet.

3 Likes

Certainly wasn’t insinuating it should handle like a Learjet, just seemed like on dirt strips the shock absorbers had very little travel making the plane especially bumpy. Maybe I’m being overly critical. Thanks for the answer, Trev.

1 Like

Cresco Turboprop in New Zealand is hard at work.

2 Likes

Now that certainly is much more impressive than the effect of the only other crop duster on the market so far…

Thank you for that. I bought the plane, I just didn’t have a lot of time this weekend, so I didn’t get to experimenting… This makes me very happy…

1 Like

I’m about to commence a “delivery” flight of my PAC 750. Griffith, NSW Australia to Kathmandu, Nepal. Up the east coast of Aus, across Torres Strait to west Papua then island hop across the Banda Sea to Sulawesi then Borneo. Across to Singapore then up thru Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar with a stop in Bangladesh and finally into Nepal. I’ll try and post a flight plan map, and will post updates in here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-did-you-do-in-msfs-today :+1:

3 Likes

Here’s the rough plan. Most legs are around 1 to 1.5 hours otherwise I get bored. Wish me luck!

5 Likes

I’m afraid that’s not a shot from the sim but a real life image. The ORBX agricultural version is currently only cosmetic and doesn’t have any spraying function/effects. That may come at a later date.

Well that is disamusing then… lol

BRSims has a plane that has a crop dusting effect. I was thinking of getting that one, but then this came out and I was like “It’s a bush plane, it has crop dusting, it will have missions later”. I wanted a crop dusting plane, and any plane with missions or bush trips sells it for me. But now I’m a bit bummed that both the crop dusting and the missions will only come later.

Can anyone shed light on the fuel usage in this thing? It seems to only take from the rear left tank, and I can see any reference to cross feed or any fuel tank switches (other than the fuel pump AUTO/OFF/MAN) which doesn’t seem to do anything :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In addition to my above post, I think I’ve found the issue (will need an update from Orbx).
I’ve sent them a support request so hopefully they can rectify this.
In the POH it states that the fuel system is designed to feed evenly from all tanks, but in the sim it only feeds from Rear Left. This cannot be rectified as the aircraft does not have any cross feed or manual fuel feed switches.
Both rear tanks started at 86% FYI

3 Likes

Update 1.0.1 available :wink:

2 Likes

The fuel switch keybindings (e.g. Fuel Selector 1 All) should work even if there is no physical switch in the cockpit. Though even if you switch it to All it might not draw from the tanks correctly or in correct order.

Any changelog ?

So I am currently looking at this plane at the moment. I am 50/50 on if to or not so im asking is it worth the money for getting it? I currently have the Kodiak and the FSW 414 and well looking at people flying it on youtube it looks like a very nice plane to fly expecially as its a XSTOL.
Should I stick with what I got or would you think this plane is a good addition to the lineup.

My dear friend, no one can take this decision away from you! I like the plane very much, easy to operate and beautiful to fly. The only annoying factor is that the C208B sound is used, I hope there will be an update soon…

I haven’t found out yet what has been changed in today’s update. It seems to me that the effect of the landing flaps has been reduced somewhat, but I may have been mistaken - I have only flown it once since the update.

2 Likes

Don’t forget there is a big Kodiak update coming tomorrow as well as the amphibious version so it will feel like a whole new add-on. You may not have time to explore anything new :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The “Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air” is also coming tomorrow and it’s going in my hangar too :wink:
So what :wink: :rofl: :beers:

1 Like

Incase anyone needed the change logs for v1.0.1

7 Likes

That’s a suspiciously long and quick update, but I’ll take it. Maybe they should have waited another week to iron some of that stuff out. Personally, I like it so far though. Hopefully they will keep the improvements coming. I was doing some bush flying in Papua New Guinea and the beta style decent works well and stops on a dime once you land.

3 Likes