Our Co-pilots (Welcome Crew)

Hello.
So I’m very new to flight sim and play it on xbox. I usually start from dark and cold at a gate and set up a IFR flight in the airbus A320neo everything goes great from start up to taxi take off and landing and using the autopilot but during the flight the plane will at times go off course start flying in circles then get back on course randomly by itself . Not sure if it’s a but in the game or if I’m doing something wrong.
Thanks for your help

If we have co-pilots, we also need captains?

1 Like

Everyone is a captain in MSFS :wink:

1 Like

Everyone else you mean? :joy:

2 Likes

Hi @Smokeymf81!

If it happens now and again, the simplist solution is to click the ‘DIR’ button on the MCDU panel (the one that you use to set up your route/performance etc down to the right of the pilot’s seat), select or type the next waypoint you should be going to, insert it in the top left position, then activate the direct-to. The aircraft will then turn and fly directly to that waypoint, before continuing your route.

If your aircraft never follows the flight plan and instead is always spiraling in circles, first thing to check would be your controller deadzones in the MSFS controller settings > sensitivities menu.

Hope that helps!

Hello I am sorry to post a question here but I am very new and I can’t see how to create a new topic or PM anyone?

My son (8.5) is obsessed with MSFS! I am working my way through Flight Training to try to keep up with him. However I have run into a problem. The Objectives have moved down so they are positioned right over the Cessna instrument panel and I can’t see my speed. I have searched everywhere for instructions on how to move them somewhere else on the screen but I can’t find anything. Please can you help?
Thank you
PS we have an Xbox

Hi, and welcome…

While I don’t think there’s a way to move the objective window on Xbox (someone with Xbox please correct me). But you should be able to move your camera instead with the Xbox controller. That way, you can move the camera slightly to make the airspeed visible next to the objective window.

That’s the thing… the objective box used to be up top (roughly at the top of the screen). It has moved in the last week and we don’t know why.
Because it is now in the centre-left we would have to move the camera quite dramatically to get it out of the way: either obscuring the forward view of where we are going, or the bottom row of the dashboard dials.

Try using the “reset pannels” option inside the settings (:gear:) menu on the top menu bar during flight. That can be used to reset the default positions of the panels such as the ATC one, so it may also fix this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

Hi Filippo, I hope you can help me. I’m an absolute newcomer to MSFS and just getting started with flight training tutorials. Seems I can’t get passed #1 ‘Basic Handling’. I’ve found that the on-screen text box ‘Objectives’ instructions uses instructions like 'lock the clock knob pressing … ’ and then a image of a mouse button to be pressed. (see attched image). I press the left mouse button but nothing happens - audio and background video continues but no amount of mouse movement lts me proceed. I would appreciate any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong! Many thanks. Bob
Mouse

Hi Bob and welcome in our communty and also to the public forum!
If i remember well the fist training mission was just to know how to move the camera in cokpit. So try to move the camera. Do you indend the frist one here? Sorry for the italian…

This video may can help you:

If you still need help send me a DM😉
Sincerely,
Filippo

1 Like

Hello
I am still learning how to use MSFS 2020 on Xbox Series X. I have managed to accomplish most of the flight training.

I recently tried to use the World flight option. I wanted to fly from Seattle to San Francisco. As soon as I started to fly a popup window appeared with an image of my Thrustmaster Hotas controller. I cannot make it disappear. The flight seems to be working but my view is totally blocked. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is the first time I have asked a question on the forum.
Please tell if I should post this request elsewhere. Thanks.

1 Like

Years ago I flew Cessna 182. I have no experience with any simulator. I’d like to play with flying large aircraft or jets but when I watch YouTube it seems to require extensive learning of switches, procedures, complex panels etc. Is there some sort of default setting for complex aircraft that would allow me to just take off (using yoke and petals) and try to land on aircraft carrier or try to land at LAX or do I have to learn all the correct switches and procedures for that particular aircraft???

1 Like

Hey there @BumperDruid482 and welcome!
Sure! When you select a departure airport, chose a runway. If you do so the aircraft is alredy in function also with engines running. Then just realise the brake and take off! For carrier aproch, select the carrier as an approch and then fly! Have fun! If you still need help youst DM me!!

Sincerely,
Filippo

1 Like

Just dropping in to say hi and thanks for this helpful thread for new/returning sim pilots. I’ve logged around 30 hours in MSFS-20 on PC since its release. I’m learning something new with every flight and still have a long way to go before I can turn some of the in flight “assists” off. That mostly includes ATC and NAV/Routes. As for airframe control, I’m currently using simulation settings. I let my co-pilot handle ATC and with help from some 3rd party apps, I’m learning navigation and patterns as I go. Thanks again for the help from the admins and co-pilots for making my MSFS experience even more enjoyable!
Happy and safe flying guys,
~CM Jarrell

3 Likes

Hi Jarrell, you are very welcome!
Iam glad to hear you enjoy the sim so much. Just enjoy the ride of learning all there is about this sim.
I think I speak for a lot of others here, that despite of all the years of flying, designing, developping, ATCing or whatever comes along with this sim, we still learn every day something new.
Have a great time, and maybe untill later in the skies!

1 Like

Hello. New to 2020.

Hi Apexmaster, welcome to MSFS. If you need any help, just sent me or the other co-pilots a message or feel free to ask them in the designated topics.
I hope you will enjoy the sim for a long time to come and most important off all, have lots of fun!

1 Like

I recently bought MSFS 2020, had the prvious version before. Also bought the Thrustmaster Hotas One Flight Stick. I think the sim is amazing, graphics, coding, performance. Well done Asobo Studios, Black Skharh AI and Microsoft.

I have many questions. To start with I can rarely find the correct runway to land on. I also sometimes have trouble with the buttons. I have B4 set to retract flaps for my sadly common go arounds but they don’t seem to retract. Must be doing some things wrong. I don’t always see those 4 lights on the runway I am landing on. Is there a flight path I can follow that is outside view, not in the cockpit? Check this video. Not sure my wife would want to fly with me flying that private jet. Thanks for your help.

https://youtu.be/8N7jxL9FkDA

1 Like