"Over-and-out"

Mulitiple factors at play - people confined indoors, resorting to social media giving instant gratification (this is a biggie - how many people has one seen whose life isn’t a perfectly happy picture) leading to a culture of I deserve the best at all times. Gone are the times where people had patience and were understanding - comparing default aircraft with payware is a case in example.

I have myself been through the sim being completely unusable, but instead of ranting, chose to spend good amount of time in trying to find the cause, raise a zendesk ticket with “all debugging information” like crash dumps, dxdiag etc. Patiently waited for next update, which is practically every month and it worked.

These forums are mild compared to Avsim.

It results from internet anonymity combined with a sense of entitlement.

If a post is truly inappropriate and offensive you can flag it for mod attention by the way.

1 Like

The tone is getting rougher, not only in forums but on the “street” also. Its a tendency I dont like as well. To avoid toxic answers it is sometimes the best not to talk at all. I’ve joined many facebook groups on different topics long ago, nowadays its mostly craptalking and racism over there.

In FS terms compare this one to avsim, here you are getting at least a decent experience. Most of the time it helps to use the search function as most of the common problems are handled in topics. If nothing helps create a new one, stating what solutions were tried to solve the problem, provide as many detail as possible and between some stupid answers there will be people willing to help you.

But everyone is tired of crappy FPS, CPU usage and Simcrashes with 1000s of addons postings.

2 Likes

It’s tough times for many across the globe ATM. It is effecting everyone negatively to a greater or lesser degree.

It will effect how many folk respond. Some will be more snarky, some will be less tolerant of the snarky.

2 Likes

And some are just prone to that kind of behaviour, and don’t know any better. I doubt very much they are like this in real life, and the somewhat impersonal social nature of Internet discourse is an enabler.

2 Likes

Yep…and all that has now been amplified.

2 Likes

What would otherwise be an annoyance, suddenly becomes a life or death struggle against some perceived enemy. Which reminds me, patch Thursday is coming. Must remember to throw mud, and clay on the thatched roof.

2 Likes

Repairing the roof might be easier—and I’m terrible at home repairs!

1 Like

“IFR clearance only–departure denied.” Honestly, I had no idea that my rant would generate the responses it did. Now, I’m glad I got so aggravated, because it brought to the surface how much class is actually part of this community. I think that outweighs the annoyances.

1 Like

For me, it’s not so much the personal attacks and biggering going on.
It’s the constant belittling of the people working at MS and Asobo by lawyers, musicians and bakers.

2 Likes

Well when you’ve got a million customers, many of which have the same complaint / fault / criticism that hasn’t been addressed since launch, the barrage certainly may seem constant. Some would say rightly so. But then the barrage isn’t directed at you, so if it bothers you just don’t read whinge threads.

1 Like

Yes sir, I agree. It is entirely possible to voice complaints, even when it is valid to reiterate unaddressed complaints, without belittling/bullying them.

If someone posted “the wheels fell off my Gogomobile” the typical responses are going to be:

• you must be doing something wrong, I have never had an issue in 30 years of using the Gogomobile in flight simulators

• wheels falling off has been discussed in detail over and over again just google it

• it is realistic, as a qualified Gogomobile captain for a commercial carrier I can tell you the wheels fall off all the time

• this is typical of Asobo go back to P3D/Xplane/Atari-River-Raid, they never have wheel loss issues

• empty your community folder you are probably using addon aftermarket wheels

etc etc, you just get used to it

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: You are right, thanks!

Lawyers I understand, but what’s wrong with musicians and bakers? Music and baking helped me get through quarantine!

:smiley:

1 Like

Musicians and bakers take a lot of criticism for their craft.

1 Like

I can’t claim to be a musician, but I do enjoy baking…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure they did, but I doubt they made you an expert in software development. :grin:

No, that would be my brother up in Redmond. :slight_smile:

I’m but a humble pirate down here on the California Coast… arrgghh! :smiley:

1 Like

i learned to be humble when there’s someone better at me than something.

As my old drumline coached used to say: There’s always gonna be someone better than you