Owners of GeForce 600/700/900 series cards, please chime in

With the latest 1.10.7.0 patch, there is an issue with the clouds getting stuck and flashing on the screen, and this seems to be affecting only owners of GeForce 600, 700 and 900 series GPUs.

According to reports, the affected cards can be the GTX 660, GTX 750, GTX 750 Ti, GTX 760, GTX 770, GTX Titan Black, GTX 950M and the GTX 960M. All those cards are based on the Kepler and Maxwell 1.0 architectures, but there are also reports that the GTX 970 and the GTX 980 Ti do not exhibit this issue, which means that Maxwell 2.0 might be in the clear.

I’m trying to create a detailed Zendesk report to hopefully get this issue fixed as soon as possible, since flying with weather creates an unplayable situation on those cards. If you own any card from the GeForce 600/700/900 series, please report in here whether you are getting this issue or not, along with your current installed driver version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 Likes

Das ist mein Problem mit der NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070

I believe this problem is caused when using FXAA or DLAA. The problem where they would alter the colour grading has existed since launch, but it appears that it has been amplified with the latest patch.

If you are doing so, then switching to TAA should fix your problem. If not, then I’m not sure what is causing this.

1 Like

Yes, I believe that DLAA is broken.
TAA is way better anyway, so the suggestion is to switch to TAA and make sure that in the NVidia control panel there are no AA turned on

2 Likes

Have not noticed any problems with my GTX 970 yet anway

1 Like

As a data point, no issues on a four hour flight this morning using a GTX 980.

1 Like

Here I am gtx780ti and having the problem

Not sure that GPU exists, can you make sure you’re writing it correctly?

GTX 970 here. Using the TAA mode, and not a problem. All beautiful running on high settings.

2 Likes

GTX770, issue appeared since latest patch, game unplayable :frowning:

3 Likes

I have Blinding clouds in my gtx960m.
I hawe latest driver

1 Like

Thank you for the reports everyone. It seems that Maxwell 2.0 is indeed in the clear, which means that the GeForce 900 series is not affected. Only exceptions are the GTX 950M and the GTX 960M which are based on GM107, same chip as the GTX 750 class.

All these GPUs are somewhat old now and quite rare judging from the amount of reports, but since a Kepler GPU (GTX 770) is listed as the minimum requirement for the simulator, I think they should try and give this a priority for the next hotfix or patch.

I would also like to point out that, if you do get flickering clouds in the game, the only solution is to switch the weather preset to Clear Skies and then bring up the pause menu (using the Escape key) three times at most. But it does mean that it is impossible to fly with clouds for us now.

2 Likes

I received a reply from them

I mean, seriously?! Without any notice, without anything? Just not supported anymore?!

Replied them in a not nice way, awaiting their further feedback

7 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up. This is quite a disappointing reply indeed, and it is something that they should have made clear from the start.

I’m not sure why a GPU such as the GTX 770 would be considered obsolete already, since there wasn’t any change with the cloud rendering system in the latest update. Maybe it will be when the DirectX 12 update is out, because Kepler and Maxwell (as well as Fermi) do not handle this API very well and are missing critical features, but for now I feel there is no excuse really.

My GTX 750 runs the game quite nicely at the lowest settings, which means GPUs like the GTX 770 and the GTX 780 Ti are doing quite a bit better. Quite early to call them obsolete in my opinion. I hope they will reconsider.

1 Like

Oh for the love of…

Go to game settings, change antialiasing to TAA, FXAA or Off.

1 Like

I´m an IT technician but don´t have a great overview of the GPU cards for gaming anymore, so thanks a lot for all the details, I really appreciate it @ChaoticSplendid

The initial release version was kind tough for me, I had i5 2400 CPU and this GPU card, I was able to run it on low end with few glitches, but the second patch made a huge difference for me!
I also swapped my i5 for Xeon that is almost powerful as i7 3770k (just few % off) and since this, I got very good experience on high end with almost no glitches (yeah, JFK landing was never so smooth, but I can completely accept that).

So I initially thought as my GPU is going to die, however, I played Mafia remake three days before on High end and everything was okay. So I´m kinda disappointed if they consider this GPU as obsolete without implementation of DX12 in the first place.

I still can play a lot of nowadays games on high/ultra on my 2k monitor.

Really hoping they´ll reconsider and will release a patch for these cards.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it seems that there is no chance this will be fixed with a hotfix, as it’s already being deployed according to their Twitter support channel.

Even if they do reconsider, we are at least two weeks away from this problem getting fixed. Feeling very disappointed…

2 Likes

It does not work no matter which AA type you select

In the meantime me laving to a shop for a new GPU…

3 Likes

Actually, proven to be working.