PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

My issue is that the AI Pilot is not working. Prior to the patch, the plane (when lined up of course) would slow down (on it’s own), landing gear would deploy and the AC would land it self. I enjoyed that feature! I love using different views to watch it coming in for a landing.

Guessing there is no way to get this back (don’t want to switch AC)!

1 Like

I think that might be it, will try that next time. Thanks!

I’ve flown the Arrow for a few hours at the weekend, and I’ve noticed that rudder trim seems different to what it used to be like.

I didn’t even know what the limits were till Sunday, so i tried full right rudder trim of 25 degrees. Before this would have caused me to bank over to the right violently, but now almost nothing happens.

I need to double check to see if any rudder assistance has got turn on in one of the hot fixes, but I could tell from my crosswind takeoff that this is unlikely to be the case. :wink:

There is a pronounced difference to controllability when on the back end of the power curve. Not like with any aircraft and I suspect it deals with the Xbox controller. Its almost as if once it gets below a speed the sensitivity goes WAY up so a simple input turns into a jerking movement. I understand the flight theory aspect, this is a control sensitivity problem I’m describing and I have messed with the sensitivity on the controller to no avail.

1 Like

It’s highly recomended that you use a flat (0%) sensitivity curve. I went to it a while back and haven’t gone back to -50% since.

You do not want to get on the back end of the power curve in a Piper, real or sim.

It’s not the user’s fault. Linear sensitivity curve is what I use since the very early days.

1 Like

Is anybody having transponder issues with the latest release Arrow since SU5? ATC is asking me to squak but it doesn’t seem to work if I enter the value and press the IDENT button. It used to work fine but now I’m getting the usual “Your transponder appears inoperative or malfunctioning” and my flight plan is cancelled.

No issues here. Did you set it to ALT?

It was working fine for me earlier.

Anyone else not able to interact with the fuel selector? Its dead for me. Can click on it all I want but I cannot adjust it, its always “off” for me, even when starting mid-air or on runway. One of the biggest complaints from SU5. Did a clean reinstall and cleared all liveries from community with no difference. Maybe I am missing something obvious?

It’s working fine for me but I am using legacy cockpit interactions (General → Accessibility settings).

If you’re using the new Locked mode, you can try going to default mouse control options and try again. Try holding left mouse button on the fuel tank then using your scroll wheel, or right click, etc, all while holding left mouse.

Just Flight suggests using Legacy. I think there are issues with the new system.

The first thing I did after the update was change back to legacy, as soon as I saw what the new flight system did with interactions in the cockpit I was out.

I just loaded the sim and tried the left click thing and mouse wheel to see if maybe that would work, it did not. Just zoomed in and out. But that is also kinda tied into a new thing I found with SU5 where if I hold left or right click and try to do anything else the input is blocked, nothing on my honeycomb alpha or bravo OR my old logitek yoke and throttle are responsive…different issue for a different day

Is there any word for an update from Just Flight? Been a little out of touch with 3rd party devs lately. Understandably fixes take time but really reached out to see if my own stupidity caused this or if its an actual bug they are aware of and working on

1 Like

They already released an update for their arrows for SU5, but even before then the fuel tank was working for me with legacy interactions.

Maybe a reinstall will help?

Newest versions are 0.9.0 for the original arrow iii, 0.4.0 for the turbo arrows, and 0.2.0 for the warrior ii.

Fuel tank worked for me too before the update, was a fantastic plane to fly. Maybe I reinstalled in the window between the update and JF update, will try again. Currently using the Arrow III

1 Like

Do you have the auto selector enabled? Just a thought.

Yes it was set to ALT. Maybe I need to switch it off and back to ALT. I’ll try the legacy mode too; maybe using the newer input mode is causing an issue.

Is anyone else having problems with some cockpit switches being controlled by LVAR’s?

I used to have a SPAD profile that “mostly” worked. The only ones I couldn’t sus were the vertical rotaries for NAV, and Panel lights, but now I see that the fuel pump doesn’t work. Oddly, I don’t even see the Fuel pump LVAR’s change when monitoring the respective values, and flipping it by hand.

I’ve had to resort to SimConnect events for the fuel pump. Same for the NAV light, but for some reason I cannot get the potentiometer values to stick. I set the NAV light on, and the same action sets the pot. to it’s maximum value. What I see in the monitor is the switch, and pot. value get set, but the pot. Immediately gets set to 0.

For the Panel switch it’s worse, as not only does the LVAR not seem to work, but the SimConnect events don’t seem to work either. I’ve tried Toggle/Set/On, none work. When I roll the rotary by hand I see no event for it turning on, but I do see it’s pot. value change.

The overhead light still appears to work, where I set the switch on, then set its pot. to its maximum value.

Hi,

I ran into the same issues with the latest Just Flight PA-28 updates. I had to deeply modify the different panels SPAD profiles. But nothing is fully functional again. Some LVARs no longer work (Alt Air?) and I had to use the basic SimConnect events again to retrieve partial operations (mainly on fuel pump and lights).

It would be helpful to get accurate documentation and release notes.

The best place should be the Just Flight forum.

1 Like

The only ones I don’t have working with LVARs now are Fuel Pump, Nav Light rotary, and the Panel rotary.

When I can find time to put my thoughts into an email I will log a support ticket with JF. They were helpful before when I had an LVAR issue.

I’m not sure if I looked at Alt Air before, but I have a recollection that it wasn’t driven by what you think it would be.

I’ve never tested it, but does it actually do anything in icing conditions?