PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

The rudder input can be frustrating. I had a curve dialed in that helped, but SU5 broke that. Combined with the traction/friction issue(s) it can make crosswind takeoffs and landings… er… “challenging.” Not even close to how it “feels” in the real world.

The PA28s handle about the best of any model I fly though, so kudos to the development team at Just Flight for making things better at least.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m considering buying the Arrow III. I’ve seen that the price in the ingame store is much lower than at Just Flight’s own store. Is there any disadvantage in buying from ingame store (like missing manuals or liveries) or is it the same package?

A few:

1. We have recently seen extreme delays in getting updates published for download. Staffing issues seemed to be driving this, and this situation has been addressed already, or in the process of being addressed.
  2. All Marketplace content is protected by DRM. That means, in the case of aircraft, crucial files needed by modders to improve the plane are hidden away, and can not be seen or touched.

For me, both of these are reasons not to buy planes from the Marketplace, even if it does cost me a little more. Though I have no issue with airport purchases, but I have heard that some have not worked for a while as they too needed updating. Nothing I own, fortunately.

3 Likes

There is also the issue with the Marketplace that they don’t track or give you a receipt for what you purchased, so, if you end up with any DRM issues, it can be a pain at best to get it fixed, sometimes they won’t give you access back to your purchase and they just give you the “Game Credits” back, if you can prove that you actually had an issue.

This lack of a receipt for what you purchase is a MAJOR issue to me, and ridiculous.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out these issues, I’ll stick with Just Flight’s store.

2 Likes

Just Flight is extremely responsive to DRM issues.

Since you’re considering buying the normally aspirated Arrow III, the JustFlight store has another advantage: you’ll get a coupon to get the Turbo Arrow package for a quite low price afterwards.

So if you enjoy the regular Arrow III and keen on some variation, this will certainly be a bonus and might be cheaper for you than the Marketplace option in the long run (the coupon isn’t time-limited).

In terms of liveries and manuals, I think you can have/use them with the Marketplace purchase as well. The manuals are free to download in the JustFlight support pages anyway.
Currently there seems to be no need for real mods (modifying the flight model etc.), so that’s not a big issue. In the early days, I was really happy to be able to tweak it since it had many smaller bugs and bad lights etc.

1 Like

Great, I’ll remember that! But first I’ll be busy getting familiar with the normal Arrow. Unfortunately I don’t have that much time for simming as I would like to. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s not the carenado one in the store? Wasn’t aware the JF one had made it to the ingame store yet

2 Likes

Holy sh… you’re right! I didn’t even know that there is already another version of the Arrow for MSFS. Explains the price difference. Now, decision is much easier I’d say :slight_smile: Looking forward for the weekend to try out the JF version!

2 Likes

The JF Arrow is out in the marketplace? On Xbox too?

No, it’s not! I thought it was, but it’s just the Carenado one. Sorry for that.

3 Likes

Still waiting for the standard PA28 and the PA28 Turbo from Just Flight to be offered through the Market Place. As soon they’re available, I’m in! :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah as someone confined to the marketplace as a result of being on Xbox, I’m glad you made the better choice, as jealous as I am :smiley:

1 Like

Just Flight is my favorite shop at this point. I even bought other products there like REX airport textures.

The only thing thats strange is the lack of a forum with frequent posts but everyone is very active in other forums. I even got a response from Thranda himself in which he provided info how to mod a certain aspect (that was on XPlane but it shows their attitude). And the Piper is still one of the best things that has happened to FS2020 so far.

Uhm their forum is quite active with the devs responding to questions etc.
But mostly for their own products since the 3rd party content in their shop (like REX) usually has their own forums/support.

You sometimes even get preliminary release notes for the upcoming updates posted on the forum, so you exactly know if an issue is already fixed.

I should have another look, last year it was too quiet there.

Anybody been having game stability issues with the Arrow III? I’ve had a couple of CTD’s on WU6 when flying the Arrow – admittedly, these have occurred either after pausing and resuming (a bit concerning) or alt-tabbing to check another window (not ideal but also not typical user behaviour).

Not a big deal and I’m sure it will get resolved in a future update, but interested to know if anyone experiencing similar.

Can’t say I have. I did a 2 hour flight yesterday without any issues. I did a lot of pausing and resuming during that flight for screenshots and also a lot of alt-tabbing, because long stretches of that flight were over the ocean with not much to look at (not even ships). :wink:

1 Like