PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

This is very common with the Arrow, as mixture leaning plays a huge role in climbing performance. It happened to me too while I was learning the gotchas of this aircraft, as I could barely make 10000’ even with small payloads.

Now I make sure I always start to lean after 3000 MSL until I find the highest EGT temperature and then I add mixture until it drops 100 degrees (that’s Rich of Peak). Rinse and repeat every few minutes and I can easily climb to 12000’ or higher.

1 Like

Exactly as it should be done! :grin:

On a slightly different topic, what am I doing wrong with the tablet? Every time I load any of the PA28 series I get a verbal ‘State Saving Disabled’ which is all well and good, except it’s actually enabled and the tablet muted.

Is this a known bug or is there something I’m doing incorrectly?

Cheers.

Why do you fly IFR with a GA in the first place?

Uh because it’s fun? Lol.

3 Likes

Yes it’s one of those that’s hit a snag. Practically anything developed by the in-house team at Just Flight suffers the same fate currently. We await more news from MS on this. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be a quick fix or indeed workaround. Sorry about that.

Flew my leg today. Yeah! 10,000 no problem

2 Likes

This may be what you are looking for:

If you go to my profile at flightsim.to, you can also get the clean Arrow III interior in grey, beige and blue with matching instrument panels.

The same is available for the Turbo Arrows and the Warrior

Hi, that would be a good texture.
But unfortunately this texture like all others on Flightsim.to does not remove the ugly partial ripped-off carpet with dirty rusty black metal underneath to the left and right on the drive-shaft hump:

And unfortunately it is impossible to modify a bumpmap texture without completely messing up the whole interior all reflections and various other things for no reason. :frowning:

I think will go with the Carenado Archer because the carpet does not look so ugly and tattered in the Carenado Archer:

No problem, and thanks for the reply. I’d rather it was able to work to its fullest on release, and if that takes time, such is life - and it saves me from being disappointed each week when it isn’t in the store update.:grinning:
In the meantime I may pick up the Carenado Piper to tide me over until the JF does arrive- its definitely still on my wishlist!

I never interpreted that as a ripped off carpet but as a metal or plastic part that keeps the carpet in place and maybe even prevents it from being frayed by use. I checked several interior pictures of older but well-kept Arrows and Warriors and many had a kind of protection/fastener at that spot. That’s why I interpreted it as simply being a scratched part, and cleaned it up to make it a more even black.

img.axd

But your interpretation with the ripped carpet is as good as any. It should be easy enough to change it. However it IS a lot of work because I have so many different variations for four different planes. Also even after over a year I didn’t have any complaints about that (as opposed with other details), so I don’t plan on doing that.
However, you can send me a PM if you want one specific colour for one specific aicraft, I will change those files for you.

Hi :slight_smile:
Wow look at these beautyful planes - this is a true pleasure to sit an! This is how I love my airplanes.

The main problem is that changing this area of the carpet needs changing the bump maps. Unfortunately airplanes don´t react very well to any changes of the bump map and the whole cockpit looks off with various random texture errors everywhere when a bumpmap is changed.

I have noticed that the normal maps can be modified, the reflection maps can be modified - but not the bump maps. I have tried this on the Carenado Ovation to test and it failed, and it failed too on the Piper Archer.

The fake-3D-bumpmaps and reflections for the carpet are in
ARROW_EXT07_NORMAL.PNG.DDS
ARROW_EXT07_SURFACE.PNG.DDS

I don´t know if it´s a problem with Gimp and Photoshop or if a third special texture conversion tool is needed, but after spending the whole weekend on this F-16 texture just to fail I am sure there is :smiley:

And I assume it is some kind of Nvidia tool or very special texture converter that is needed for the new BC7 textures DCS and Flight Sim 20 are using.

That´s really nice of you!
But even more interesting would be knowing what kind of graphic design tools you are using :wink: because I need a normal map and bump map change for the Carenado Mooney M20 Ovation too (behind the left Yoke are some pixelated off-looking reflections in the Carenado Mooney M20.)

I wish you a happy week! :slight_smile:

Because the aircraft is equipped to fly IFR.

Since when GA is prohibited from flying IFR?

4 Likes

I fly IFR because the weather is not always perfect and I fly with as real weather as I can. The Arrow is a great IFR plane. Full lateral AP to DH. The 172 AP and IFR setup will take a localizer and glide slope to DH. Love the challenge of flying in marginally acceptable weather.

Just clocked 100 hours in this plane. I think I got my value for money! It’s a great release.

7 Likes

Just top 100 myself. Flying from CA to ME now.

1 Like

Hi, do you have troubles to mantain altitude?

When I get cruise altitude, I try to reduce some power and trim, but at the end it always oscillate and sometime I feel like the aircraft get some instant pitch up or down.

2 Likes

I usually just turn on the autopilot and use the altitude hold function. Great for those longer flights.

2 Likes

Yes, the JustFlight PA28 tends to porpoise without using the autopilot hold altitude. I have never been able to get a stable elevator trim on it, either flying level or when climbing. Descending not so bad. But I love the fact that it has an altitude hold autopilot added.

1 Like

Is that behavior normal IRL?

For example, the Cessna 172, 152 Asobo, 152 JPL mod, G36 mod, TBM930 mod, are easy to stabilize.

I find it easier to use small throttle and mixture adjustments for fine pitch stability.
No idea if that’s accurate or not.

1 Like