PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

I am not going to pay twice/trice for a 172 no matter how good it is. Assuming you mean that analogue one.

1 Like

It’s good but SU10 messed it up in my opinion. Now it bounces around like crazy and it’s not as nice to hand-fly anymore.

1 Like

Weird, for me both Arrows are less bouncy now.
This one is a test FM though, which was even less bouncy.

That said the turbulence is troubling many planes atm. The 737 struggles on AP too for example

Hi all. As mentioned we are currently working on the flight models for all our PA28s. The most commonly reported issue affecting those was the ‘pitch jerks’, however we’ve seen some reports that the SU11 beta addresses that, or at least significantly improves it. Can anyone here with the SU11 beta installed confirm that either way?

Martyn - Just Flight

5 Likes

On my system, It has the same pirch jerks on SU11. Maybe it is a bit less intense, like it was on SU10, not sure. It will be fine on clear skies, but almost any wind will trigger the weird jerky pitch thing. This plane is unflyable to me, because the issue is extremely unconfortable in VR. I own both Arrows, never tried the Warrior. Hope you can find solution.

1 Like

I also am on beta 11 and still have the same wild pitches as su10.
However, live weather and loadout has a massive impact on this effect.
I am not on VR, if you want me to test any new FM , i fly the Arrow III nearly every day.

Just curious, does anyone else here have the Turbo Arrow too?
For me the Turbo is a lot worse when it comes to pitch jerks, but a lot less after SU10. The Warrior was as bad as the Turbo so i returned it (regret that tbh)

The NA has been the most stable of the 3 for a reason i don’t know.

Never experienced any pitch issues in SU10 or SU11. To be honest, I think the Arrow flies very true to the real thing especially in VR - granted I have a RW 1969 Arrow with a different wing and shorter fuselage - but I find the JF Arrow flies very nicely. A bit hard to trim out, but that may just be the way I am doing it in the sim vs real life (I don’t have electric trim - only manual).

Here’s a stream I did earlier this month. I guess this was SU10. But the whole flight was amazing and not any issues I can remember with the FM. Honestly, watching a bit of this video back, it’s amazing how close to real life the JF Arrow looks with MSFS scenery/weather. This almost looks like a real-world video :rofl:

2 Likes

I have both and the issue is similar on both planes. All planes feel a little bit better in Su11, in my opinion, but the issue with the Arrows is still there and very noticeable.

It does look great, like a real-world video… Wind seems very calm though, the issue happens more often on windy and turbulent weather.

1 Like

Ah ok… I have been wanting to take the Arrow up more… maybe I’ll find a place with some more winds aloft and try it out.

I really do love this model. It is just a blast to fly. And I recently purchased the TDS GTN 750Xi, so that should make it even better!

1 Like

Definitely take a look at wheel-ground interaction during take off and landing, it seems all over the place with skidding and slipping arround. I own both Arrows since the start and I don’t remember them being so slippery on the runway.

3 Likes

That depends on the wind, and how much back pressure or up trim you have on takeoff roll. Admittedly this was with wind gust enabled, before they completely disabled them back then.

I shot this video last year I think. The original purpose was to show at what speed did the crosswind get to full strength, hence I have dev. mode enabled showing speeds.

i love this plane so much. the planes i fly changes now and then but i always come back to this one. if it had a failure system like the 310 it would be my favourite aircraft by far.

2 Likes

You could a freeware program called Randfailuress2020 it generates, on your preffered settings, a whole range of failures, anything from partial instrument failure to individual brake failure, control surface failure enigine failure/fire etc. I have it only set to 2% so it only happens every now and then, I just dont know when or what will fail.

1 Like

I have a similar app but for my computer, it’s called MSFS2020
:wink:

9 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: this is too true

thank you for this

Okay but is it still super bouncy in the yaw axis in windy conditions? I stopped flying after SU10 because of that.

1 Like

Hi all,

A quick update - work continues on the flight model updates following the final release of SU11 and we are aiming to send a new test build to our kind volunteers and testing team this week. If that goes well then we can proceed with releasing those.

Thanks again for your patience,
Martyn - Just Flight

31 Likes