PA44 Seminole what i don’t like

I’ve found horrible flight dynamics!

No reason for roll moment, expecially when you pull the nose up, in fact as you get airborne or during flare, it becomes very difficult to control and unrealistic, with random wing dropping, both, left or right side.
I also noticed a strange (but i cannot compare with real Seminole, i fly real PA34) drag level at medium speeds range. It’s basically impossible to slow down from about 125kts (clean conf.) to lower speed with map of 15.

Poor instrumentation textures quality.

And last but not least, OEI control is absolutely far from real MEP. :scream: It’s almost impossible to keep the heading even thought the speed is above red line.

I have no idea what this means, but I’m not experiencing any of the other things you reported.

Rolling when pitching works just fine, although like you I’ve never flown an actual Seminole, though now that I’ve experienced this and the Baron, I’d like to, but probably can’t afford them… Well, maybe an oldish Seminole, but new Baron’s are selling for $1.4M, so I’m thinking even a used one is out of reach. Oh, well, in my next life maybe.

Anyway, I also have zero problems slowing down, I typically slow to under 140 kias, drop the gear, get below 110, start with the flaps, and get down to 80 until it’s time to pull the power and flare. I AM using VR, which is extremely helpful in terms of maintaining a proper landing picture and attitude, but it doesn’t help with slowing down, ya still gotta do that the old fashioned way.

Also with the 80 kias final speed, I get no wing drops, are you maybe coming in too slow?

Thats not a review. A review weighs positive and negative aspects and stays polite and tries to be objective. What you wrote could charitably be described as an attempted bug summary interspaced with some ranting. Basically you only point out how bad it is in your opinion. Well, at least you stated specific deficiencies…

Yes, you’re right! I change the topic title!

1 Like

Thanks to have replied KevyKevTP

I manage to slow down exactly like you do but i would have expected something different!

The wing drops during normal approach speed and higher as well, that’s why i’m disappointed!

It’s not a wing stall!

Well, I don’t know what to tell you then. It doesn’t do that to me, and I use 80 kias as my target short final speed. I was thinking wing stall, but if that’s not it, I don’t know what it is. And I fly this b1rd a LOT. Plus I’ve got the GNS530 mod for it which makes it a dream, I just wish I could afford one IRL. Oh, and get a medical.

I’m liking the Seminole a lot but I REALLY wish Carenado would actually fix problems like the HSI not working with GPS rather than just claiming they’ve fixed it on Facebook.

2 Likes

Are you using the legacy flight model or the modern?

1 Like

Well, to be fair, they did partially fix it. I just hope they know that the job isn’t finished. They heard that from me at least, but their communications skills suk, so I haven’t got the first clue if it’s on their radar or not. I get better feedback from some freeware addon makers than I do from them.

1 Like

Single Engine is a game wide Borked issue right now.

Yes, it does sound like you’re using the Legacy flight model? I’m not having any of your issues. Well, I can’t speak to single engine performance, as has been noted, this is not working properly in the game at the moment for any plane.

I’ve Modern Flight Model, with all setted on most realistic level!:disappointed:

1 Like

Not sure if this is a new issue after the various updates (I’m a recent purchaser), but the cabin engine sounds are…odd. More of a loud growl than the twin piston ‘hum’ that you’d get in the real aircraft. Has this always been the case?

I fly the Seminole and it flies great, and I have many hours in RL GA flying. Don’t know what the OP is talking about.