Parameters for VR Reverb G2 on RTX 3080 I9 10900kf

Hi,

All is in the title :slight_smile:

I am trying to find a sweat spot of parameters for the VR experience, but it’s still weeks that I can’t find something smooth.

I read a lot of Rex but nothing match. I don’t know why.

I have a RTX3080 i9 10900kf 64ram ssd.
I would like to have beautiful experiences with dv20 or higher and a320.
I can almost fly the dv20. The OpenXR frame windows is still red.
If I fly a A320 it’s impossible. The lag of mouvement and everything is so bad. That make me sick :slight_smile:
I would like to find something who match for the two planes, is it possible?
Why can I have a green blue framerate screen on OpenXR even on low res.?

I just began to think that the simulation in not working well on high rig like mine, it’s strange to think that but I barely can’t find something smooth and beautiful or experience something nice.

Anybody have a tutorial to how setup hardware and software properly?

Thanks
Bye

I have a similar setup and tune for high FPS for aerobatics, low level flight and the like. These are today’s settings. I’ll see 45+ fps in the cockpit on a GA glass. The last WMR has been acting up, so I’ve dropped the CPU load.

MSFS 2020 VR SETTINGS / WU4 + 466.27 drivers

4/30/21

Win10 Settings

Windows Mixed Reality: Headset Display: Best Visual Quality, 4320X2160, 90Hz

Display Graphics: Hardware Acceleration Off, MSFS High Performance

Gaming: Game Mode Off. Virtual Memory System Managed on both SSD’s

OpenXR Developer Tools

Render Scale 70%, Motion Reprojection Disabled

Nvidia Control Panel

Set up G-SYNC – Uncheck Enable G-SYNC

3D - MSFS Program Settings: Default with Vertical Sync Fast

MSFS Options

Display mode: Full Screen 1600 X 900 (Below native to reduce secondary load) TAA 100, V-sync Off, Multi-player Off. Traffic settings low.

VR Mode: Rendering-Scaling 100, Anti-Aliasing TAA, Terrain & Objects Level of Detail 120, Terrain Vector Data High, Buildings High, Trees Low, Grass & Bushes Low, Volumetric Clouds Low, Texture Resolution Low, Anistropic Filtering 4X, Texture Supersampling 4X4, Texture Synthesis Medium, Water Waves Medium, Shadow Maps 768, Terrain Shadows 256, Contact Shadows Off, Windshield Effects Low, Ambient Occlusion Off, Reflections Off, Light Shafts Off, Bloom Off, Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate Low.

Current config: i9-9900k @ 5.0 Ghz (all cores), 64G, NVME (2), Nvidia 3080 OC, HP Reverb G2. MSFS2020 Store version

4 Likes

Thanks about your message.
I will try as soon as possible and get back!

Thx

Just for something different I just took the 320 out of LAX. FPS around 38 in the cockpit and 45+ outside view. Gages hard to see in that one. Bus flying.

1 Like

With OpenXR resolution scale at 70% and insim 100% my 3090 can manage any aircraft in any condition. You just have to reduce that, 100% is unmanageable for any video card.

1 Like

Hi it work quite well with the dv20.
Thx for your precise answer.

Have a nice day

Hi,

I try the OpenXR at 70% but with the a320 on an average airport (nice lfmn and geneve lsgg) it lag a lot. I have black flash and strobe.

I dont understand why its so complicated with a computer quite in shape.

1 Like

Some locations just don’t work right. Downtown Melbourne destroys me with blanking and stalls that appear to be slow data delivery. You might want to pause any antivirus / malware programs that could be scanning incoming data. Hopefully, future program updates and better drivers will open the full potential of our expensive video cards.

Yes indeed, I hope so too :slight_smile:

Why do these two settings matter when using a VR headset?

You don’t need your gaming monitor sucking up resources with your headset on. The Sync setting just seems to run better than the other choices. Your choice.

I just had to find what it would take to get the 3080 to work on your bus route. I balanced the latency using the MSFS FPS display to get things into the green. Tested it on your route and it was smooth but not the level of cockpit / outside detail I usually care for. Who put those power poles on the end of the runway? You have a bit more CPU power and can bump the LOD’s up a tad. Cheers.

MSFS 2020 VR SETTINGS / WU4 + 466.27 drivers

4/30/21

Win10 Settings

Windows Mixed Reality: Headset Display: Best Visual Quality, 4320X2160, 90Hz

Display Graphics: Hardware Acceleration Off, MSFS High Performance

Gaming: Game Mode Off. Virtual Memory System Managed on both SSD’s

OpenXR Developer Tools

Render Scale 100%, Motion Reprojection Disabled

Nvidia Control Panel

Set up G-SYNC – Uncheck Enable G-SYNC

3D - MSFS Program Settings: Default with Vertical Sync Fast

MSFS Options

Display mode: Full Screen 1600 X 900 (Below native to reduce secondary load) TAA 100, V-sync Off, Multi-player Off, Traffic settings low.

VR Mode: Rendering-Scaling 60, Anti-Aliasing TAA, Terrain & Objects Level of Detail 130, Terrain Vector Data High, Buildings High, Trees Low, Grass & Bushes Low, Volumetric Clouds Low, Texture Resolution Low, Anistropic Filtering 4X, Texture Supersampling 4X4, Texture Synthesis High, Water Waves Medium, Shadow Maps 1536, Terrain Shadows 256, Contact Shadows Off, Windshield Effects Low, Ambient Occlusion Off, Reflections Off, Light Shafts Off, Bloom Off, Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate Low.

Current config: i9-9900k @ 5.0 Ghz (all cores) 64G, NVME (2), Nvidia 3080 OC, HP Reverb G2. MSFS2020 Store version

1 Like

Super nice ! I try asap and come back.
Thx about this test who certainly took you some work times :slight_smile:

With the OXR valve fully open, you can set the overall rendering level from within the sim for whatever and wherever. Cheers

Try this, I made it based on same specs as yours:

1 Like

Why disable G-Sync!

Nice news.
I can’t have the openxr 106.2104.15001.0
My last version enable is the 105.2102.11004

Any idea how can I download and install it please ?
Thx

Try going to the store and see if its there to be updated. If not uninstall it and get it again an it might download the latest version.

ok its strange, I have two informations :

Thx I try it with but its sometimes lagin a lot.
In nice lfmn is impossible to have a smooth experience for the moment.