Parked taildraggers sometimes shown with tail in the air or turned sideways

Could you try safe mode and see if it happens?
I open up MSFS, then do Alt + F4, then restart the sim. When restarting the sim, it prompts for safe mode.
That would show if it’s a third party add-on creating the problem.

As I said above, I cannot reproduce this. I went to all of the airports listed above, in some cases twice, and never saw this.
Could you try restarting in safe mode?
As I mentioned above, I start MSFS, then do Alt + F4. Then I restart MSFS and it prompts me for safe mode. The reason for this test is to see if there is a third-party add-on doing this.

If it’s flipped forward and the prop is being driven into the ground, It may simply be me trying to land and stop one of those planes. :grin:

1 Like

But you saw taildraggers (Xcubs or Savage Cubs) there and they were standing with their tails on the ground? I can try with an empty community folder but this bug with tails has been there since the launch. I play online a lot and all my friends always laughed at it. Also spinning propellers on parked aircraft.

1 Like

I, too, don’t understand how and why it can be connected with the Community folder. It’s been there since the launch, as Severeeno said. It was reported to Zendesk and, apparently, has been ignored. It’s all default aircraft.

1 Like

Correct. I saw tons of taildraggers and they all had their tails on the ground and all were upright.
The propellers one I have seen, and it’s been picked up by the dev team. It’s this bug, here.

1 Like

I haven’t seen this with live traffic but when I used to use offline traffic I saw this (tails in the air) a lot, so much so that I moved away from offline traffic completely, this was about 2 or 3 months ago.

Edit: also having biplanes on their sides happened too for me.

Voted.

So perhaps this is how static aircraft are rendered at custom airports so it requires 3rd party devs make some changes with SDK to their airports. I only fly from and to hand-made airports, freeware and payware (all updated), never defaults so that would indicate you are right. I will do some testing at default airports.

I use offline traffic. So there might be also something here.

I’m not sure at this point. Some of the other comments on here indicated that they saw this at default airports.
I have a ton of payware airports and I haven’t been able to reproduce this.
That’s why I think the best way to test this and know it’s definitively something wrong with the base sim is to do it in safe mode, which is the equivalent of not only emptying your Community folder, but also your Official folder, too.

Do you use online traffic or offline? Maybe something to do with that as indicated by @TingedTundra94

I use live traffic.
But the OP also uses live traffic and has this issue.

1 Like

One last idea. Maybe it has something to do with the static aircraft set to “simplified versions” in the options. I don’t remember what it is called. I use that option and people whom I fly with also and they all see tails in the air.

I think I figured it out. The airplanes with the tails up are default game models placed by scenery developers as static aircraft. They appear even if I select “use generic models as AI traffic” ON. But there is no Xcub in generic traffic, which indicates that those models are placedd by scenery developers.

If you set “use generic models as AI traffic” to OFF, all airplanes in your library appear correctly with their tails on the ground.

But I have generic OFF and still have them. Besides, if they are not traffic, but static objects, as you say, they must always be of the same type. I want to check this once more. Even if it is so, it doesn’t explain why they tip the wing and fall off during taxi. This definitely a traffic issue.

Generic on or off it does not matter, it seems that they are static aircraft placed by scenery developers.

I’m confused. We’ve been looking at default, first-party airports where this has been happening.

I went to over 10 default airports and did not see any of it. The only examples of the tail in the air were in freeware airports. I checked in safe mode at default airports with “use generic models as AI traffic” ON and OFF. When used ON, there is no simplified Xcub model or any taildragger simplified model at all. When used OFF, the Xcub that did spawn were all fine with tails on the ground. Same for other taildraggers I have (husky, stearman, savage cub, shock ultra, and a few more).

The OP reported it at a default airport.

They said they will try to do this in safe mode to make sure.

Safe mode is not really safe mode. It does not turn off the airports made by Gaya for Asobo and also it does not turn off planes made by Asobo. I had still husky, Ju52 and Solo102 in my hangar with the SAFE MODE.
At least 2 airports reported by the OP are not default (Darrington and Orcas look like they are from ORBX)

They also have some default ones on there.

@HB427112 , in your bug report, could you kindly specify which airports are default and which ones are third party? I don’t want to lead the developers to think that this is solely a third+party issue.