Parking Brake Release Method

The vast majority of aircraft I’ve seen use the toe brakes to release the parking brake lock. This means that all you have to do to release it is press the toe brakes down far enough that the lock drops out and then you can taxi. Back in FS2002 and FS9 (and I think FSX, but not sure), all you had to do was hit the brake switch on your controller to release the brakes. The key binding for setting the parking brake also worked, but when running up the engines for takeoff in something like a propliner, it was extremely convenient to be able to keep my hands on the controls and still be able to release the brakes and start my takeoff run.

Works in the Xplane sim as described, unfortunately the game here doesn’t as yet.

Can you double bind the parking brake to the brake? So when you push the toe brake, it will disengage the parking brake?

Toggle and Set are available, but not Release. Either one would have you jerking to a halt on the taxiway or even on landing.

I set mine to a Brake axis and use Set parking brake when the full toe brake is applied. So when I apply full brake, it applies the parking brake. If I release the brake, it releases the parking brake. I know it’s not as realistic, but it’s logical for me. Full brake = All brakes. Release brake = No brakes.

Double-binding would work fine if there was an option for Release Parking Brake to go along with the Set function.